Family & Relationships The Mongrel Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 29, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
I was having a chat with some of my friends the other day and it brought to my attention I'm by far the biggest mongrel in my group of friends and I've never met anyone near my strange mix of nationalities. Anyway just wondering if someone on here can come close.

My Dad is half Welsh & half Aboriginal (My Grandpa jumped ship in Port Lincoln during WW2 and swam to shore after meeting my grandma)

My Mum is German (WW2)

I've heard all the jokes

So I'm a Welsh/German/Indigenous fella.

Most people think I'm Greek or Italian.

Last edited:

I think my wife probably has the biggest mix of people I know. French/Norwegian/Welsh/Scottish/Greek. I actually got her an ancestry dna test as part of her Christmas present because she wanted to know more of her family tree. Should get that back mid-month so it will be interesting to see if there are any surprises.

reggie is that u?
giphy_s.gif

my mum is from a scottish father and an italian mother.

my dads mum was 3rd generation australian (can't go back any further) and my dad had no idea who is biological father was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im pretty mongrel

Dads African American with one native Indian grandmother

Mum born in england with Scottish mother and English father

Im born in Australia

I'm a mongrel, look like Ludacris and sound like Andrew Symonds

Nice an African American/Native American/English/Scottsman who looks like Ludacris and sounds like Andrew Symonds definitely winning!

Scandos are usually pretty mixed. My mate's girlfriend lives in northern Stockholm but was born in Finland, one parent was Danish and the other Norwegian/Swedish and then there's some Icelandic and French and German. Speaks all the languages and then English. Apparently it's not that odd at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back