Remove this Banner Ad

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Here's what they've done to us, the incompetent, unplausible pricks:
1. Suspend Jack Ziebell for 4 weeks for going for the ball in a tough way
2. Suspend Sam Durdin for 1 week where both players elected to bump each other and one player got knocked out by accident.
3. Try to suspend Ben Cunnington for a simple late bump
4. Now trying to suspend Tarryn Thomas becuase he went for a ground ball which ended up in a opposition player getting hurt (he wasn't even knocked out)

:$:$:$:$:$:$:$

Edit: I realised that there was a thread on the MRP but ah well this can be purely for the roasts

What I find astounding is that the MRO isn't tested nearly well enough - - it's a bit of a protected closed shop - - very hard to get a case thrown out.......can only really challenge a grading.

I'm still dirty that Mitch Duncan wasn't penalised - - the MRO actually presented the "defence for the accused" rather than the case for the prosecution.

(remember - Duncan knocked a guy out - - jumped from about 2metres inside the arc as Hall launched his kick from outside 50 and as Hall landed - - Duncan was still in the air when he smashed into him about a metre OVER the 50m arc......so don't tell me Duncan was only trying to jump up and touch the ball.....he launched at the kicker. But.....the MRO was way, way too dismissive of an act that took a player out of THAT game and by automatic rule now the following week.)

In this case - - Christian is the hanging judge......but I still don't see in what way as a football act that Thomas has transgressed.

So - - this again begs the question - - of just what is the MRO thinking? what is he actually looking at?

Consider the way that Christian (MRO) provided the case for the defence instead of the case for the prosecution last week for Selwood on Mansell.

It is astounding that when Selwood comes in and hits the head of a guy who is front on to him (and who clearly touched the ball first) - - that the MRO asserted that turning/lowering his body was all he had to do (to be "not unreasonable").

1621210739633.png

The assertion that high contact is made as Mansell "reaches for the ball" kinda ignores that Mansell is directly over the ball and in possession.

1621210946872.png

So.....contrasting this to TT on Jiath.........no comparison - - Selwood 3 weeks and Tarryn Thomas fine.

It's really, really hard to comprehend the MRO (even allowing for a bit of royal blue tinged filters).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back