Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

29k likes vs 133 dislikes. Ouch..

Dunno what to make of it tbh. The zombie makeup looks like they used make up kits from a $2 though

At least the games more or less are still solid..

Last edited:

The John Wayne Gacy Files.
So disturbing.
Those poor bastards digging up the bodies under the house. Trawling through the mud and s**t. One guy scooping up the remains of one poor sap by digging through the mud underneath his rib cage.
Basically with their bare hands, in jeans and t shirt.
PPE in the ‘70s not a thing
33 murdered. Nuts.

Just finished this. How did he manage to do this to 33 boys? And how are 6 still not identified, where are their families?

Also got quite annoyed with the constant focus on Piest tbh.

Just finished this. How did he manage to do this to 33 boys? And how are 6 still not identified, where are their families?

I think the underlying issue was there young gay men that may have been disowned by their families that would have allowed Gacy to continue.

If you liked this show, you would probably like the Aussie version, Rostered On, also on Netflix.
Same format 22 minute episodes so it is an easy watch.

There is also a UK version called 'Trollied' which was on well before Superstore.

I enjoyed but I think 'Superstore' is better.

Because Piest is the reason that they caught him. Gacy strayed from his formula of picking up strays at the bus station and picked up a kid who would be missed.

Did anyone watch "Our Father," a doco about infertility doctor Don Cline who inseminated women with his own sperm without their consent? This was truly a farked-up man. So far, they've found 94 half-siblings with him as the father, and these women often required multiple treatments before they fell pregnant. Don would go to his office, rub one out, then take his sperm into the treatment room and inject it directly into his patient's vagina. Like I said, farked-up.

Lincoln Lawyer

Just started watching a TV series based around the book by Michael Connelly The Brass Verdict.

Having read the book last month this is topical for me.

Long time readers may be surprised by casting choices and I will be interested to see how it's resolved.

As to the acting etc it's ok and it's standard directing.

Edit. For non-book readers it will have interest if you like courtroom drama

Last edited:
Because Piest is the reason that they caught him. Gacy strayed from his formula of picking up strays at the bus station and picked up a kid who would be missed.

Putting on the masquerade of a jolly, portly man who loved helping people, John Wayne Gacy was an evil and extremely cunning killer. As noted he would target boys and men who were drifters, runaways, drug addicts or caught up in the seedy world of gay male prostitution and less likely to be caught. So successful was this strategy that police in Chicago and Des Moines had not even the slightest suspicion that there was a serial killer active in the area, much less one of the worst on record.

However, the way Gacy carried out the Piest abduction in December 1978 would land him a segment on a show such as 'America's Dumbest Criminals'. He approached the boy with an offer of work in a pharmacy full of witnesses who knew both he and Piest by name. He allowed Piest to call his mother to tell her where he was going. He knew Piest was from a stable family where he would be missed and quickly reported missing. It is very strange that Gacy would do such stupid things and sooner rather than later having law enforcement at his door after this ham-fisted abduction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Yakamoz S-245

Apocalyptic event. Civilian scientists end up aboard a navy submarine. Tensions and animosity. Leadership vacuum.

I like it so far.
It is actually a spinoff series to one called "Into The Night," where the survivors are in a plane and they keep flying around the dark side of the planet to stay alive. The interesting thing was the first series was made in France, while Yakamoz was made in Turkey, but they are not connected. Both are on Netflix.

Last edited:
It is actually a spinoff series to one called "Into The Night," where the survivors are in a plane and they keep flying around the dark side of the planet to stay alive. The interesting thing was the first series was made in France, while this one was made in Turkey, but they are not connected. Both are on Netflix.
Ahh! I have seen that in the catalog. I will give it a watch.

Love on the spectrum US. Truly heart warming show. Have watched the Australian one and the UK one (inappropriately called The Undateables 😒). Thought this one might be annoying due to the American factor but it wasn't. Sounds like the same Australian guy doing the interviews. Do yourself a favour.

How good is Steve, would absolutely have a beer with him

And his radio voice is awesome!

Really not much on Netflix at the moment. We watched Tribes of Europa and it was OK. One I think is called Hidden City made in Rio is passable. There was a decent crime doco series where they spoke to police who investigated the multitude of serial killers in LA in the '70s and early 80s, that was pretty good.
Watched Tribes of Europa and Hidden City a while back, they were ok, not much on Netflix lately, haven’t watched much, last series I watched,
was Welcome to Eden, 100 people get invited to an Island for an exclusive party, but the people on the island who invited them, plan on keeping a few of them on island, they come across as some type of cult

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back