Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

During those torturous 32 years we lost 8 GFs (inc 3 to them 🥵) - I'd be happy to play them in the GF next year and win by a point after a disputed free kick just on a disputed final siren after a disputed goal review
That’s what I want too. I just don’t know whether I could bear to watch it.

Imagine trolling the reigning premiers in the offseason because you made finals once.
Blues were so proud of their boys.
So proud.
So proud.
Of every high first round pick.
So proud.
Ever high priced recruit.
So proud.

How you can’t consistently make finals and win flags with their list / opportunities defies logic.
So proud.

Carlton had a family day - or more accurately a victims’ day - on Saturday. Lots of pathetic deluded fans turned up, including little kiddies all excited to see their heroes but not yet aware of the tragic years that await them.

Afterwards I saw some of their players on Royal Pde, wearing silly Xmas clothes and one player - new recruit Ashton Moir - with reindeer antlers on his head. Another deluded youngster who doesn’t really know what he’s signed up for. Sad.

Carlton had a family day - or more accurately a victims’ day - on Saturday. Lots of pathetic deluded fans turned up, including little kiddies all excited to see their heroes but not yet aware of the tragic years that await them.

Afterwards I saw some of their players on Royal Pde, wearing silly Xmas clothes and one player - new recruit Ashton Moir - with reindeer antlers on his head. Another deluded youngster who doesn’t really know what he’s signed up for. Sad.
Heard the AFL is considering a rule about tackling with antlers on - at the end of the day they're running a series of strategic workshop's moving forward - it is what it is

Last edited:

God these flogs are milking this losing prelim for all it’s worth. We should remind these losers while they’ve been about as successful as a Titanic sub expedition this century we’ve played in 11 of the bastards to their 1. Minnows

God these flogs are milking this losing prelim for all it’s worth. We should remind these losers while they’ve been about as successful as a Titanic sub expedition this century we’ve played in 11 of the bastards to their 1. Minnows

It’s amusing because it’s been forever since they’ve played finals, and now they’re wishing them away. “So close to the GF!” No, you played a quarter of a prelim and then went home. You want to get to a GF having played only two earlier finals, you’ve got to finish top four.

There was almost a second, but unfortunately the prior year’s wooden spooners were just too good for them.

During those torturous 32 years we lost 8 GFs (inc 3 to them 🥵) - I'd be happy to play them in the GF next year and win by a point after a disputed free kick just on a disputed final siren after a disputed goal review
No, I am sorry, but this just would not cut it for me.
The free kick must be so blatantly wrong that Jack Hill the bind miner could see it. There must be absolute furor in the commentary box. The kick on goal must be a real shanker that misses by a good metre and the umpires fail to review after a goal is signaled resulting in a draw. In extra time with the scores tied and 10 seconds left on the clock after a Carlton point is scored, a dodgey 50m penalty is paid on the kick out. This results in Charlie Curnow disputing the call, resulting in a further 50 metre penalty taken by Bruzzy who immediately plays on after the siren which is not heard and kicks a point to seal the flag.
That may pep me up some!!!!

No, I am sorry, but this just would not cut it for me.
The free kick must be so blatantly wrong that Jack Hill the bind miner could see it. There must be absolute furor in the commentary box. The kick on goal must be a real shanker that misses by a good metre and the umpires fail to review after a goal is signaled resulting in a draw. In extra time with the scores tied and 10 seconds left on the clock after a Carlton point is scored, a dodgey 50m penalty is paid on the kick out. This results in Charlie Curnow disputing the call, resulting in a further 50 metre penalty taken by Bruzzy who immediately plays on after the siren which is not heard and kicks a point to seal the flag.
That may pep me up some!!!!
Nah, no need for all that palaver. I just want continued constant failure. No wins, no hope, no nothing. Collingwood flag and Carlton spoon is the outcome to barrack for.

Nah, no need for all that palaver. I just want continued constant failure. No wins, no hope, no nothing. Collingwood flag and Carlton spoon is the outcome to barrack for.

Exactly

A GF means Carlton fans have had many weeks of joy throughout the season

They don’t deserve this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly

A GF means Carlton fans have had many weeks of joy throughout the season

They don’t deserve this
But the agony of losing to the glorious black and white by 1 point in controversial circumstances will instantly wipe out that joy - in fact a 1 point victory to the Pies over the unmentionable mob would turn their memories of joy into rubble and ruin - this is a worthy goal

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back