Roast The New UI Is Bad

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL Fantasy website is so unbelievably bad. The fact that however many people designed it, then however many people approved it, and however many beta testers took a look but they still went with this over last years.

Just want to check what Baltas bye is. It was... hold on a sec have to flip the card. 66. What about Answorth? Stuff it I'll just click flip all the cards, why isn't this always the default? His breakeven is... BYE. Good info there. I'll click on him for more info. OK there's less info on this screen. Full profile? That's a new tab for some reason. OK more info here, and his breakeven is BYE. I have to scroll down to see his projected BE for round 14 is 37 (just in case he manages to play on his bye week).

Alright I'll trade him. Click the trade button. Nope thats the substitute button (C/VC/T/S was too complicated), click the clipboard button. I want a player who has a round 12 bye, sorted by breakeven. IMPOSSIBLE. I'll just manually look at all the clubs with a round 12 bye. Sort by bye, shows round 14 first. All good, click it again to sort lowest to highest. 13 is first? scroll down 200 players, round 12 bye players are now marked with a -- and don't show up on the sort. Getting furstrated at this point, just trade in the lowest BE player regardless of their bye. Click them, made trade. Confirm offer. OK now I'm back at the trading screen? How do I get back to my team? I guess I have to click on My Team in the ribbon on top.

Lets move that guy off the bench because he's playing this week (maybe?). There aren't any trade buttons because all of the "cards" are flipped again. Flip all cards, click on the substitute button. No wait that's the trade button. Kill self.

This is the sole reason my ranking is so bad.

The AFL Fantasy website is so unbelievably bad. The fact that however many people designed it, then however many people approved it, and however many beta testers took a look but they still went with this over last years.

Just want to check what Baltas bye is. It was... hold on a sec have to flip the card. 66. What about Answorth? Stuff it I'll just click flip all the cards, why isn't this always the default? His breakeven is... BYE. Good info there. I'll click on him for more info. OK there's less info on this screen. Full profile? That's a new tab for some reason. OK more info here, and his breakeven is BYE. I have to scroll down to see his projected BE for round 14 is 37 (just in case he manages to play on his bye week).

Alright I'll trade him. Click the trade button. Nope thats the substitute button (C/VC/T/S was too complicated), click the clipboard button. I want a player who has a round 12 bye, sorted by breakeven. IMPOSSIBLE. I'll just manually look at all the clubs with a round 12 bye. Sort by bye, shows round 14 first. All good, click it again to sort lowest to highest. 13 is first? scroll down 200 players, round 12 bye players are now marked with a -- and don't show up on the sort. Getting furstrated at this point, just trade in the lowest BE player regardless of their bye. Click them, made trade. Confirm offer. OK now I'm back at the trading screen? How do I get back to my team? I guess I have to click on My Team in the ribbon on top.

Lets move that guy off the bench because he's playing this week (maybe?). There aren't any trade buttons because all of the "cards" are flipped again. Flip all cards, click on the substitute button. No wait that's the trade button. Kill self.

10/10 solid rant took me on a journey and I was right there with you.

You did all this without it crashing?

It's very likely outsourced. To build an app like this you need a Project Manager, Business Analysts, Developers, UX Designers, Testers etc. Would be a minimum of 10 people at the very least. Much easier to outsource that than to recruit inhouse. That said, even if it is outsourced, it's still intellectual property of AFL and they would be able to take all the code to someone else.

Either way, it's a collosal **** up.
I can see the project meeting now:

PM: " OK everyone, we were running over budget so management have decided we need to reduce costs. We need to eliminate a few people off the project team. After lengthy discussions, management decided the following people are being reassigned to the goal review project:
Developers
UX Designers
Testers

Don't worry about the app, I'd like you all to meet our work experience placement J'Maiz, who will be putting the finishing touches on the app".

Designer: "What are his qualifications?"

PM: "He's almost finished yr10 IT, and has recently initiated the goal line review technology which you will be putting the finishing touches on ready for Friday night."

J'Maiz: "Sup peeps"

Is there anyway of checking your overall ranking by round? I can see how I ranked for the individual round, but not where I was placed for the season to date (you know, the stuff we are actually interested in)

Is there anyway of checking your overall ranking by round? I can see how I ranked for the individual round, but not where I was placed for the season to date (you know, the stuff we are actually interested in)
On the webapp yes, just scroll through the rounds on the main team page.

Had to restrain myself from putting my fist clean through the monitor on a few occasions. To preserve the life of said monitor I’ve just been doing it from the app lately. Using footywire for stats and BE’s etc, I’ll be damned if these incompetent clowns are getting a cent from me. Hire a proper ******* website developer if you want people to actually pay for premium content.

Catching up on this thread reminded me how truly putrid the Android app was for the first half of the season.

Don't get me wrong, the desktop is a mess (I love more clicks: welcome to 2019) but they should be ashamed they even released the Android app.

Also I am pretty sure they get the Traders to test (or at least trial) early versions, so there's that.

So there's no way I can see so sub my bench of Def: Idun (D/F) Mid: Carter (M/D) and Fwd: Hind (M/F) so I can give myself an emergency cover in defence with carter? (As Goddard not named on ground/bench atm). I technically SHOULD be able to swap Hind to mids, Carter to def and Idun to fwd but can't! (Or I am stupid). Have cover in mids and fwd just not def. So would be nice to use my 2nd sub spot to get this emergency...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back