Play Nice The NM Devils Chessboard thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The Swiss government has ordered an inquiry into a global encryption company based in Zug following revelations it was owned and controlled for decades by US and German intelligence.

A bit of background..
Svensson is writing a book that revealed one of the greatest spy stories of our time. He has spent a decade researching the relationship between the NSA and Crypto AG founder Boris Hagelin. The result is a great book titled: “The Boris Project”.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Iran needs move beyond the revolutionary stage - they knew it hence the deal.

we’re seeing an interesting response from Tehran as Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has barred reformists from running in the polls. They’ve taken a hardline approach and lost all of Rouhani reforms to normalising relations with the rest of the world

Any politico nerds wanna have an online Super Tuesday party?

Will be really rad, I’ll make some online dips and if someone could make some online Doritos we’re halfway there.

Last edited:

we’re seeing an interesting response from Tehran as Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has barred reformists from running in the polls. They’ve taken a hardline approach and lost all of Rouhani reforms to normalising relations with the rest of the world

That'll suit the seppos who push the line that Iran is evil.

Irish election on Saturday will be fascinating.

We could end up with Sinn Fein in power on both sides of the border, one of the key aims of the republican movement as this is a requirement for a poll on reunification.
Meanwhile...

Good result if you want more blood in the streets.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They’re definitely shifting towards Bloomberg. Looks like a desperate attempt to combat Bernie. I don’t think they realise how much people don’t like Clinton
Sorry, Robby Mook was Clinton’s old campaign manager, he was the one who relied heavily on data analytics, a lot of people blame him for the loss because of it.

I was saying he’s the only person stupid enough to look at a computer screen and not realise Clinton as a running mate, is political Suicide.

I don’t think the democrats can win with Bloomberg, they’ve already ostracised the workers with Bernie. And with Bloomberg they’ll alienate the blacks and hispanics.
Only thing i can think of is they don’t want to win..

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sorry, Robby Mook was Clinton’s old campaign manager, he was the one who relied heavily on data analytics, a lot of people blame him for the loss because of it.

I was saying he’s the only person stupid enough to look at a computer screen only and not realise Clinton as a running mate, is political Suicide.

I don’t think the democrats can win with Bloomberg, they’ve already ostracised the workers with Bernie. And with Bloomberg they’ll alienate the blacks and hispanics.
Only thing you can think of is they don’t want to win..

I reckon they’re delusional. They think they can buy the election.

You seem really intent on blaming Iran for stuff that's imposed on it by the US.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You seem really intent on blaming Iran for stuff that's imposed on it by the US.
I don’t think blame is the correct word..

cause and affect.

The west 100% has had a target on Iran, ever since 1979, and before. If I were in Iran’s position, I’d always be weary of the Trojan horse gifts given.
The whole point of JCPOA was to strip Iran of their nuclear deterrent.

Just like parading Gaddafi around as the middle east saviour just before knifing him.

the affect of the west not following thru with JCPOA is a hard line approach for Iran, which will inevitably lead to war.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Interesting developments with the assignation of Muhandis and Soleiman, and the power vacuum it’s caused within the Shia militias.

Attempts at reform aimed at bringing the Hashd al-Shaabi under control of the central government were repeatedly blocked by Muhandis and Soleimani.

The killing of the pair at the same time - and the inability of the Iranians to replace them with figures with the same leadership skills - has relaxed Iran's grip on the PMA and created room for leaders loyal to Najaf to try and fill the void,

Fearing “the outbreak of Shia-Shia fighting”, Najaf has largely stayed quiet about Iran’s domination of the body, commanders said. But no longer.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting detail in an otherwise fairly meh piece about Sulemeini.

The direct Iranian role in northern Syria has partly allayed concerns in Iran that the Quds Force command and control had been shattered beyond repair, and that Suleimani had taken a list of secrets and contacts to the grave.

In the week after his burial, one of his family members called the Iranian supreme leader’s office with news. “She wanted to hand over large numbers of boxes and suitcases with his personal notes and memoirs,” an official said. “He had written everything down and, in some cases, left voice cassettes. It was all there after all. It’s just going to take a long time to piece together.”

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back