The Non-Essendon Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope we gave you guys an enjoyable night? ;) Was incredible at the ground.

Good stuff Eagles. Did the responsible thing for football. Ashamed that the EFC couldn't get the job done, but more than happy to see heartbreak dished out.

Immensely disappointed that Ten didn't cut back to Prattsville at the final siren.

That's karma for you, you cheating, tanking, criminal scumbags. Your delusional supporters carried on last week as if you had won the flag, all week last week I heard how Carlton are coming and how your a premiership threat, and how good you were after beating us.

Goodbye and **** off Carltank, one finals win in 10 years :eek:

gotta hand it to ratten, carlton have proven extremely deadly against the press.

It was our biggest downfall last week I feel (on review) apart from skills, pushing too far up gives their ordinary forward line the room it needs.

I think teams will flood back on them next year to strangle them. They have no talls as "outs", so they run it and a press collapses if they get it past that first line.

Wonder what's happening to Judd, is he choking in the big games or is it that teams have figured out how to play him ?

According to Damien Barrett, it's Oscar's fault. :eek:

Really, this guy is untouchable. I still think he's injured - it's more than just teams working him over, he's not even moving the same way when he's free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i kinda like geelongs chances of knocking off collingwood in the gf (should they both get there)

if geelong were to win the flag would that mean alot of last years failure for them could be attributed to bomber thompson and his apparent lack of care/motivation?

did he cost them a flag or the shot at a flag?

i kinda like geelongs chances of knocking off collingwood in the gf (should they both get there)

if geelong were to win the flag would that mean alot of last years failure for them could be attributed to bomber thompson and his apparent lack of care/motivation?
They'll try.

did he cost them a flag or the shot at a flag?
99% of the time it all comes down to players.

And in this situation, the people who thought they knew better than to follow what were, apparently, only suggestions for the gameplan should cop the blame; after the gameplan they were happy with was well & truly destroyed.

Predictably enough the media will jump on him. Again.

I don't think so.

Bomber and the players are on record as saying he (Bomber) wanted to tweak their game plan to involve "the press", but they weren't interested in doing anything drastic mid season.

I think the players cost themselves.

That and Collingwood were just the right side at the right time.

Geelong winning this year would be fantastic. I'm envious somehow of hearing about Hawthorn's dynasty during the 80s. It defied belief that a side could constantly be winning grand finals, even after mini rebuilds.

Only I actually like Geelong, which would make this better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back