Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't like this post any more.

I've got no problem with the Storm but given they are nothing but a marketing creation spawned out of Super League you can hardly turn around and bag the Suns and Giants.

Congratulations to Eastern Suburbs and karma to Billy Slater who only played under the Barry Hall/Trent Cotchin rule.
Wd6M.gif

Say what you must about Storm but Billy...Nah. Man is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet and a legend. Report was soft as butter.

Ventured out onto other clubs boards to see what trade rumors were around

Gee, it’s a weird site when your not on the north board
I mean completely unrecognizable
Not referring to neutral threads but just the way of operating and the modding

The Carlton board has its head so far up its ass that apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Richmond/Essendon similar and they hate on us for missing Dusty Gaff
Amongst the not relevant crap etc

Can’t wait to have all three in our back pocket again as per usual
It's a scary place away from this board. It's like walking through the Detroit before Robocop arrived. Bunch of crazies.

If by merged you mean eaten by the silvertails on the coast then shat out as nothing then yes merged is the right term...

My wedding celebrant was a Bears supporter and I think he played for them as a young man at some level. His surname was Gallen - he'd always say Paul Gallen was his son when he met new people. (Not true - he was his uncle tho.) Hates Manly and the NRL cos of what happened.

In fact hearing Kenny talk about it around the time Arch came out against the GC move was one of the things that really solidified my attitude against moving to the GC.

I live out the back of the GC, kind of, (as it creeps like a cancer down the coast people are starting to refer to this place as part of the GC hinterland, the campaigners) and used to sometimes drive past the North Melbourne office at Nerang but I never once stopped there cos it felt a bit weird or wrong, even before the relocation thing was fully on the cards. Strange hey. After talking about it to him more and more I started to resent the place a little.

Never knew there was a NM Nerang office. Nerang is pretty much bogan ville.

Never knew there was a NM Nerang office. Nerang is pretty much bogan ville.

If you get off the highway at Nerang and try to get onto the road to the GC hospital you drive straight past it. The best thing about Nerang is its where the road to Numinbah Valley starts. That's a great place.

Matthew Leuenberger has retired from *. I honestly forgot that he was alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked up a nice training top with Tyson Goldsack's number on it for my partner in the Collingwood end of season auction. Very happy with the price and the item and the appreciation at home.

Noticed however that bidding on Sidebottom's worn 200th milestone game jumper is up over $4,500. I love my footy but seriously, that seems nuts to me.

Picked up a nice training top with Tyson Goldsack's number on it for my partner in the Collingwood end of season auction. Very happy with the price and the item and the appreciation at home.

Noticed however that bidding on Sidebottom's worn 200th milestone game jumper is up over $4,500. I love my footy but seriously, that seems nuts to me.
If it's anything like the Eagles' auction then it wasn't even worn.

Richmond thread on the AFL draft-trade forum (Not sure why it's even on there as it was pitched at Richmond only supporters).

'Who do we (richmond) need to target?'

My response: Another key position back so that Rance doesn't have to play on the main forward. He struggles with it from time to time and if Astbury is down on form it's a recipe for disaster (see pies prelim)

alert:

upload_2018-11-8_8-37-49.png

I guess if you don't fawn over Rance you're trolling? Better set up some safe spaces on the draft and trade forums as there are some upset people over there.

Richmond thread on the AFL draft-trade forum (Not sure why it's even on there as it was pitched at Richmond only supporters).

'Who do we (richmond) need to target?'

My response: Another key position back so that Rance doesn't have to play on the main forward. He struggles with it from time to time and if Astbury is down on form it's a recipe for disaster (see pies prelim)

alert:

View attachment 582442

I guess if you don't fawn over Rance you're trolling? Better set up some safe spaces on the draft and trade forums as there are some upset people over there.

They kicked me off the entire board.

If you're a dickhead, then it's fine with the mods, however if you're a dickhead magnet (us), they come down hard on you.

Why? Because it makes their job easier and maintains numbers.

Don't ever make the mistake of thinking BF is foremost a medium for intelligent footy discussion, it isn't.

Just like any other form of mass media, it's here to sell advertisding.

They kicked me off the entire board.

If you're a dickhead, then it's fine with the mods, however if you're a dickhead magnet (us), they come down hard on you.

Why? Because it makes their job easier and maintains numbers.

Don't ever make the mistake of thinking BF is foremost a medium for intelligent footy discussion, it isn't.

Just like any other form of mass media, it's here to sell advertisding.
100% agree. I've only ever been given suspensions from that board. I'm no angel but you're right in saying it's easier to ban 1 over 50. The narrative over there is it's funny to pile in and troll North about "big fish" etc. but if you offer a rebuttal and it continues to derail an already derailed thread you're to blame.

The funny thing is I copped two suspensions this time last year for saying the North team has more upside than Carlton and St Kilda. Cut from the Lynch thread for suggesting that Richmond wouldn't be able to afford him (reasonable given how much they paid Martin - resorting to off the books payments). Warned by a Brisbane mod for suggesting that franchise teams don't operate under the same salary cap as the rest of the comp (funny he now mods the GWS board). Suspended by suggesting LDU has more potential than O'meara due to the injuries O'Meara has suffered. I was even warned for suggesting that Carlton should look at Hartung as an experienced recruit - apparently that's trolling - I will be sure to bump that post if Carlton do pick him up and from what I've read it seems a possibility.

Fair enough if you want to suspend 1 over many because it's easier but it doesn't help proper discussion on those forums and that is severely lacking.

The funny thing is I copped two suspensions this time last year for saying the North team has more upside than Carlton and St Kilda.

Jeremias.

He was a s**t poster 10 years ago, so it only makes sense to make him a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back