Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Pendles and Sidebottom would be playing for unders with the expectation of lifetime careers. They both seem like smart operators and would benefit the club. I also think Beams would be getting way less than market rates as it seems he just wanted to play for the Pies.
The advantage a club like Collingwood has is the potential off field earnings. Scrubs get high profiles there. Media gigs, business connections post footy. None of these players are going short

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I reckon Pendles and Sidebottom would be playing for unders with the expectation of lifetime careers. They both seem like smart operators and would benefit the club. I also think Beams would be getting way less than market rates as it seems he just wanted to play for the Pies.
I agree to a certain extent. I definitely don't think they are getting a million each. But by sheer weight of numbers there are quite a number of them that would be on big sums. Like Sydney when they had Jack, Kennedy, Hannerbury, Tippett, etc. on 700k+

Whereas we had Wells on what 650k?! and only Swallow and Goldie near him.

The advantage a club like Collingwood has is the potential off field earnings. Scrubs get high profiles there. Media gigs, business connections post footy. None of these players are going short

Yep. Treloar is a perfect example of this. DeGoey too - he can stuff up and in 2 months get an AFL rehab piece with him smiling and everyone saying he's a new man. If he was at a lesser club he'd be painted poorly for life.

Like West Coast and there - McGovern, redden, and another get full time wages for a development company :drunk:

Judd incident all over again. Only difference is clubs are better at hiding it and the AFL are better at disregarding it.

They also had a dream run from the umpires, some really one sided decisions ruined the game IMO. The media will point to a 60 point score line and say it wouldn’t have changed the result which is a complete load of shite that they trot out every time to protect the system.

Overall that was great comment but I just wanted to highlight this.

Its a joke imo. Maybe we should have an inquiry into umpiring and gambling in footy.

Get home heartbroken, watches Storm game for inspiration.
Golden point Roosters 21 - 20

Heart gives out.

Same, plus the Victory game v Adelaide where Victory scored an inexplicably disallowed goal closely followed by Adelaide scoring for a 1-0 loss.

Even my six year old son greeted me this morning with his hand making an L sign on his forehead.

Same, plus the Victory game v Adelaide where Victory scored an inexplicably disallowed goal closely followed by Adelaide scoring for a 1-0 loss.

Even my six year old son greeted me this morning with his hand making an L sign on his forehead.
Move his bed to the garage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another massive roughie salutes.

This makes me more pissed of about our shitness.
With so many teams a week to week proposition, I wish ours could pull it together even once. Upset wins everywhere, and the only one we won was because Crows were much more s**t than people realised, and needed to be to come out worse than North that night.

You own a Street if you play at the Filth by the end of your career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back