Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Monsieurs and Madames of Bigfooty,

now you might be thinking "perthblue, Bigfooty isn't just a receptacle for you to harp on about any new, mundane thing you've come across and currently enjoy" well to that I say SHUT UP

But, listen..

who here is a fan of Norm?

Now, if you ever watched SNL in it's heyday you would be very familiar with him. But I never did and I assume most Australians did, not sure if it was ever even on TV here. But you probably know him as one of Billy Madison's loser friends in Billy Madison.

ANYWAY

I came across his podcast series Norm Macdonald Live and jeez he makes me laugh.

Check them out, tell me what you think!

go to his youtube page for MORE

Classic man from a classic movie

3a1f0f94bb15d6d8e0400c3529b7f56a.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the funniest sketches I saw on SNL was when Norm was playing the sketch artist that did the police sketch for the Unabomber.

They were questioning him why his sketch was so way off the actual Unabomber when he was arrested, which was quite a controversy back then.

273620010_tp.jpg

Norm said something like "Well I can't draw eyes so I put some sunglasses on him and I'm not that good with hair so I drew a hoodie instead".

Interesting hearing David Spade's thoughts on Norm.

That 1990s SNL cast was peak SNL with Chris Farley, David Spade, Mike Myers, Dana Carvey. Adam Sandler, Phil Hartman, Rob Schneider, Will Ferrell.

Oh yeah I forgot about Norm Macdonald he was pretty good back then too.

It wasn't just music that was better in the 90s it was comedy as well, so much great talent around back then.

The Gen Ys and Millennials have really dropped the ball.

Last edited:
Does anyone else remember the Norm sitcom?

It started in 1999 when I arrived in the States and they were promoting the hell out of this show.

It had the girl that played Roseanne's sister and that fat funny sidekick from Howard Stern to play Norm's buddy.

You would think this show would be a sure fire winner with all that talent but it was awful, Norm was still funny but he couldn't conform to sitcoms.

It wasn't just music that was better in the 90s it was comedy as well, so much great talent around back then.

The Gen Ys and Millennials have really dropped the ball.

Do you watch or listen to Norm Macdonald Live?
He brings up 'new comedy' a lot. And in other interviews he's explained how comedy should be honest and straightforward, while a lot of new comedians are too into 'anti-comedy' or trying to be too clever, or 'meta'

I agree with him a lot. It's the reason I can never fully get into Bo Burnham even though he is obviously clever and talented.

Also David Spade was a guest on one of the NML episodes. Worth watching, if nothing else, just for the way they rip into Adam Eget (norm's sidekick)

Do you watch or listen to Norm Macdonald Live?
He brings up 'new comedy' a lot. And in other interviews he's explained how comedy should be honest and straightforward, while a lot of new comedians are too into 'anti-comedy' or trying to be too clever, or 'meta'

I agree with him a lot. It's the reason I can never fully get into Bo Burnham even though he is obviously clever and talented.

Also David Spade was a guest on one of the NML episodes. Worth watching, if nothing else, just for the way they rip into Adam Eget (norm's sidekick)

No I don't listen to Norm Macdonald live but I should do, it would be interesting to hear his take on the North Korean missile crisis.

Does anyone else remember the Norm sitcom?

It started in 1999 when I arrived in the States and they were promoting the hell out of this show.

It had the girl that played Roseanne's sister and that fat funny sidekick from Howard Stern to play Norm's buddy.

You would think this show would be a sure fire winner with all that talent but it was awful, Norm was still funny but he couldn't conform to sitcoms.
Loved that show. And his movie dirty work pretty underrated comedy.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back