VFL The North VFL Thread [Rd8 - NMFC lt EFC - WiPhi 24d/6 clearances/0.2; Disco18d/3 tackles; Hardeman 15d; Free 11d/1g; Sellers 10d/0.1; Drury 11d/1g]

Remove this Banner Ad

Greenwood and Taylor are my early picks to come in this week.
heck Taylor.

He can play the rest of the year in the VFL.

Steevo Mk.2

Greenwood gets treated like a 2nd class citizen who is held to some different standard when it comes to performance, so not expecting them to bring him in.

Last edited:

Nothing to do with being woke.

It’s about us being a small irrelevant club that brings no consequence to the umpire no matter how poorly they umpire against us.

Yesterday was a classic example. It’s only North so let me call that OOF when they didn’t even see what happened.

They wouldn’t have dreamed of making that call against Collingwood, they would have said I didn’t see it, throw in.
No, probably, not that either. Some baffling decisions this weekend in. AFL as well. Collingwood got screwed over too, from what I could see. Our relevance doesn’t enter into it. If we were winning games and playing in finals, this would still be happening. Too hard to umpire footy these days.

Just an observation.. loved the support the boys got from LDU, Sheezel, Hardeman, Goater, George, Drury, Powell, Simpkin, McDonald, Sheils and Clarko. Might have missed a couple. Don’t get to many reserves games, not sure if that’s the norm, yet brilliant to see such strong support and unity. Go Roos.
Yes same here . Agree . Was great to see them all . (Dawson was there too).
I was behind our bench for most of the game on the wing but moved to goals favoured by the breeze in the last (our goals ) .
When we went down by 17 points I saw them all walk behind me heading off but they all doubled back to watch the last few thrilling moments! Making noise , cheering, grabbing their faces when a couple of our shots just went passed on the wrong side of the post🤦‍♂️.
Good to see . Can’t believe how much younger they look in normal street wear 🤣
Just young boys really.
Go Roos

It’s about us being a small irrelevant club that brings no consequence to the umpire no matter how poorly they umpire against us.

Yesterday was a classic example. It’s only North so let me call that OOF when they didn’t even see what happened.

They wouldn’t have dreamed of making that call against Collingwood, they would have said I didn’t see it, throw in.
I was on the other side of the ground, on level 1, and could see that wasn’t on the full. There’s 4 umpires and 2 boundary umpires on that side and they can’t get it right. I watched the dogs game and Libba gets kicked in the head and is bleeding and there’s a trainer helping him, and the umpires don’t see it. Maybe the 4th umpire should sit in the stands and wireless communication with the on field umpires? Some things are obvious to the crowd but they don’t seem to be able to see it.

Yes same here . Agree . Was great to see them all . (Dawson was there too).
I was behind our bench for most of the game on the wing but moved to goals favoured by the breeze in the last (our goals ) .
When we went down by 17 points I saw them all walk behind me heading off but they all doubled back to watch the last few thrilling moments! Making noise , cheering, grabbing their faces when a couple of our shots just went passed on the wrong side of the post🤦‍♂️.
Good to see . Can’t believe how much younger they look in normal street wear 🤣
Just young boys really.
Go Roos
I’m currently reliving my North childhood via my Roos mad 7 and 4 year olds who lined up for signatures today and the boys were so accomodating. My 7 year old plays his junior footy at the Zebbies and was very conflicted in his Zebbies jumper and North hat. He apologised to Harry for his jumper whilst he signed his North hat 😂

I was on the other side of the ground, on level 1, and could see that wasn’t on the full. There’s 4 umpires and 2 boundary umpires on that side and they can’t get it right. I watched the dogs game and Libba gets kicked in the head and is bleeding and there’s a trainer helping him, and the umpires don’t see it. Maybe the 4th umpire should sit in the stands and wireless communication with the on field umpires? Some things are obvious to the crowd but they don’t seem to be able to see it.
If 4 can’t see it and make the right decisions, then go back to 3.

At least that means 18 substandard umpires aren’t getting games.

The idea behind 4 was to improve decision making. All it has done is to bring more variation into the game and allow s**t umpires to get games.

Also this mandate of putting the best umpires in the best games is ridiculous. Spread the best umpires across the games and improve the standard for every game, not just a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was asking the question because the stat sheet was too blurry

Incredible stat sheet and has to play every game for the rest of the year IMO
I wasn't having a go at you. I don't understand why he isn't playing every week either unless another player is absolutely flying and then he gets dropped.

Last edited:

Good idea. Put the other 3 there too and let the Captains make the calls instead. Couldn't be any worse a result.

Just an observation.. loved the support the boys got from LDU, Sheezel, Hardeman, Goater, George, Drury, Powell, Simpkin, McDonald, Sheils and Clarko. Might have missed a couple. Don’t get to many reserves games, not sure if that’s the norm, yet brilliant to see such strong support and unity. Go Roos.
Given that the dropkicks that run the VFL have scheduled our VFL games at the same time as our AFL games on multiple occasions this year, there hasn't been much opportunity.

I’m currently reliving my North childhood via my Roos mad 7 and 4 year olds who lined up for signatures today and the boys were so accomodating. My 7 year old plays his junior footy at the Zebbies and was very conflicted in his Zebbies jumper and North hat. He apologised to Harry for his jumper whilst he signed his North hat 😂
Noticed him on the telly behind the goals . Fantastic

Ford, Lazz, Greenwood, Phillips, Taylor in that order based on todays performance.
I would agree with that. Maybe Greenwood is in front of Lazz, and Phillips 4th cab off the ranks only because he really needs a good block of confidence-lifting performances in the VFL. Curtis Taylor was very good today and if he can keep up that standard, then he is well ahead of Stephens for getting another shot.

I would agree with that. Maybe Greenwood is in front of Lazz, and Phillips 4th cab off the ranks only because he really needs a good block of confidence-lifting performances in the VFL. Curtis Taylor was very good today and if he can keep up that standard, then he is well ahead of Stephens for getting another shot.

Taylor would be next for mine too, his best VFL game in a long time today.

Stephens can’t come into consideration his disposal was deplorable.

Hansen Jr kicked three. Is there anything to work with there or is this his level?

He had a couple of really good touches today that resulted in other players getting shots on goal. 2 of his goals though, were Joe the Goose out the back.

I’m not giving up just yet as he is only young, but he doesn’t get a stack of the footy and he doesn’t seem to be a crumbing goal sneak.

Spot on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back