VFL The North VFL Thread [Rd8 - NMFC lt EFC - WiPhi 24d/6 clearances/0.2; Disco18d/3 tackles; Hardeman 15d; Free 11d/1g; Sellers 10d/0.1; Drury 11d/1g]

Remove this Banner Ad

Pathetic umpires. Great effort just a shame couldn't grind out the end. 3 minutes to go and we were up with 3 kick outs on a row yet nobody moving to call for it short for the quick quick ending in us having to bomb in long. Players need to be more proactive. Dawson very good contested Mark and great in he contest but very worried about his kicking.
I think he just had an off day ball in hand. Games I’ve seen he’s usually pretty reliable

Sure it can be poor but that doesn’t necessarily explain the lopsided count each week unless it’s pure coincidence. I’m not one for conspiracy theories so player ill discipline has to be the main factor.
Its 163 to 106 frees for the season so far. Was pretty even up until the last four weeks too.

One of our players took a mark and then was thrown to the ground and didn't get a fifty. The last in the back wasn't there. Its basically that the umps couldn't be bothered paying us fifties. I don't think its an actual conspiracy as such.

Had some really good moments against the very experienced Hamling. He protects the ball drop really well and despite being pretty skinny he knows how to use his body.
Not 19 until the end of the year either.

I reckon he’s going to a very very good defender for us over the next decade.

Sure it can be poor but that doesn’t necessarily explain the lopsided count each week unless it’s pure coincidence. I’m not one for conspiracy theories so player ill discipline has to be the main factor.
It is not a conspiracy, but more a comment about overall standards. Umps are not even on full time hours in the afl and it’s worse at the other levels. They don’t train on a full time basis either as they aren’t paid to. Standards inherently slip as a result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Encouraged by the reports on Dawson. Was very impressed the time I saw him live. A backline in 2025 of Logue, Comben, KDawson, WDawson, Hardeman + Sheezel/McKercher and now you're talking.

Goad will need a few seasons. Not worried at all. Has the skills and the athleticism. Those are good starting points.

Encouraged by the reports on Dawson. Was very impressed the time I saw him live. A backline in 2025 of Logue, Comben, KDawson, WDawson, Hardeman + Sheezel/McKercher and now you're talking.

Goad will need a few seasons. Not worried at all. Has the skills and the athleticism. Those are good starting points.

Add Goad, Bergman & Archer to your list and l'll let you play Harry in the midfield and Colby on a wing 👍

Wow the4 weeks really smashed by the umpires and we’ve lost 4 in a row who won have thought hey .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back