Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol Rory is a funny guy. Helwani wasn't enough of a shill for the UFC. People are acting like that says great things about Helwani. It doesn't. All it says is that the UFC wants you to completely follow what they say all the time.

I don't really get all these people upset that Helwani lost his job. What do you expect when you try to play both sides? You can't be an independent journalist and work in the media for the UFC at the same time. If Helwani had journalistic integrity he'd have chosen one or the other.

Now he can actually go back to being a journalist. Cool.

News are coming from different media channels that McGregor will now never fight at 145lbs. What your views about this topic? Is he really decide this after loss to Diaz?

If Aldo wins the interim belt.....McGreger has to fight him. Otherwise that knock out to Aldo will be just regarded as a fluke.

I'm not against the idea of him leaving 145 (he looks anorexic as **** when he cuts all that weight) but he has to defend that belt at least once I think to give him some legitimacy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

He's made his cash and ran..he doesn't want to get beat up any more.

I always thought he was an arsehole. Him doing this would just confirm that thought.

One good thing is that it will give the UFC a good dose of it's own medicine.

One other thing to mention is that he was at the fight in Ireland a week or two back where one of the fighters died in hospital after fighting. Conor doesn't need to risk getting hurt, he's already made plenty of cash.

Life goes on...

Either he is bluffing the UFC to get more money or the death of Carvalho shook him more than expected.

For the people saying he is leaving money on the table

CgbeJ1oVAAA7oPF.jpg

WWE are desperate for star power if he wants to do something low risk and still get paid

I fully expect it to be a ploy to get ufc to give more, but I figured a public retirement tweet is a bit extreme for negotiations. Usually you'd expect it to stay behind closed doors if that's the case.

That said he can easily go back and be like look how big a stir this made, are you really going to let they walk out of here over $x

Remove this Banner Ad

Back