NRL The NRL pre-season

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Kicks off today with three New Zealand v Australia test matches at Mt Smart in Auckland.

All three are live on the League channel kicking off with the two Junior teams followed up by the ladies and then mens games. 1st game starts at 12.30.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Good game, with some great footy played by both sides at times, but also some pretty poor defence from both teams at times too. Nit-picking about that pick-up for the Manu try looked crazy to me; for all sane money, he picked that up cleanly. But the Kiwi forwards were dominant, and Shaun Johnson and the rest of the backs were lively behind them, deserved winners.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Preparations gear up for rugby league test between Tonga and Australia

Link

Excitement is building in south Auckland ahead of the Australian and Tongan rugby league test this weekend.

The flags are flying, but authorities and community leaders are mindful of the tensions seen during last year's Rugby World Cup where some supporters' celebrations got out of hand.

The message is clear: have fun and celebrate, but be mindful of others.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
There wasn't much enthusiasm for the Kiwis/Kangaroos game! I know it always seems to rain in Auckland, but still...

I'm sure the Tongan fans will be very different, though. I'm hoping/assuming I'll get to see the game on my NRL feed.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
NRL taking games to the country in 2019

Link

The NRL will take Telstra Premiership fixtures to Mudgee, Bathurst and Wagga Wagga next season, with support from the NSW Government.

In round three the Penrith Panthers will play in Bathurst (Saturday, March 30), in round eight the Canberra Raiders will play a game in Wagga Wagga (Saturday, May 4) and in round 10 the St George Illawarra Dragons are taking a game to Mudgee (Sunday, May 19).

"Our commitment to playing matches in regional locations will continue in the 2019 schedule," NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg said.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Really excited about tonight's game. The Kangaroos are going to have to lift a fair bit on last weeks efforts to come away with a win. Tonga will be pumped and a good start will have a partisan crowd going nuts.

Tonga are more than capable of winning, but beware of a wounded and roundly criticised Australian team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back