NRL NRL 2024 - Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 21st March
Penrith vs Brisbane (BlueBet Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 22nd March
New Zealand vs Canberra (Apollo Projects Stadium, Christchurch - 18:00)
Sydney Roosters vs South Sydney (Allianz Stadium - 20:00)

Saturday 23rd March
Canterbury-Bankstown vs Gold Coast (Belmore Sports Ground - 15:00)
St.George-Illawarra vs North Queensland (Netstrata Jubilee Stadium - 17:30)
Wests Tigers vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Leichhardt Oval - 19:35)

Sunday 24th March
Parramattavs vs Manly-Warringah (CommBank Stadium - 16:05)
Newcastle vs Melbourne (McDonald Jones Stadium - 18:15)

Bye:
Dolphins

Obviously no Reynolds and then no Walsh don’t help but boy Haas leaves a gaping hole in that side.

You wonder how much those two players themselves rely on him just to be able to operate.

Big game for JWH tonight. He’s running on fumes but he will find something for the Bunnies. He’s just a filth monger of a player and I absolutely love it. It’s the sort of phrase that gets thrown around a bit loosely but they genuinely don’t make them like him anymore and he really would have had no problem 30-40 years ago, like James Graham. Gives no quarter and expects none in return. I was really disappointed that Dylan Big Papi Napa never fulfilled his potential because that could have been one of the great modern prop combinations if he wasn’t such a moron

Last 16 NRL matches:
Tigers- 2 wins, 14 losses
Bulldogs- 3 wins, 13 losses
Dragons- 4 wins, 12 lossses
Dolphins- 4 wins, 12 losses
Rabbitohs 4 wins, 12 losses

Something is very, very wrong at Redfern.

Well that was….. somewhat f**king satisfying 😂

Honestly I have no idea why JD was so unquestioningly installed as coach it seemed like such a strange decision to put him into the position for a guy with no NRL playing experience and no previous first grade coaching experience. Yes he coached under Bennett but it doesn’t guarantee success. It seemed like a relatively short apprenticeship compared to a lot of guys even though he’s slightly older

Thought we were very good considering we didn’t have much ball up their end. JWH wound back the clock - didn’t have huge numbers but his aggression was awesome, Radley had a huge game again: 180 metres and 32 tackles. He’s playing outstanding footy at the moment.

Well that was….. somewhat f**king satisfying 😂

Honestly I have no idea why JD was so unquestioningly installed as coach it seemed like such a strange decision to put him into the position for a guy with no NRL playing experience and no previous first grade coaching experience. Yes he coached under Bennett but it doesn’t guarantee success. It seemed like a relatively short apprenticeship compared to a lot of guys even though he’s slightly older

Thought we were very good considering we didn’t have much ball up their end. JWH wound back the clock - didn’t have huge numbers but his aggression was awesome, Radley had a huge game again: 180 metres and 32 tackles. He’s playing outstanding footy at the moment.
The Wayne bennett curse strikes again.

No coach has followed Bennett and had any success.

Souths premiership window has been slammed shut. If it wasn't already.

Cook and Cody Walker are in there early to mid 30s.

Cameron Murray is getting worked to the ground.

Wighton will help but yet again is getting on.

Latrell needs to go back to the centres. He ain't a fullback and his toxic influence around the club has reached Jarryd Hayne levels at Parramatta across the playing group.

Souths need a whole new spine.

The Wayne bennett curse strikes again.

No coach has followed Bennett and had any success.

Sheens at Canberra but it was a looooong time ago.

Not at the same club but he’s had an apprentice that went to Melbourne who’s done well.

But yes that’s the only real example I could think of and it’s a decent point. The assumption that someone coaching under him is just going to replace him or that he can just BE replaced is ludicrous and they didn’t put enough time and effort into making that decision

Anyway, I thought that was a cracking game of footy by the Roosters, who I thought had underwhelmed thus far. But it doesn't alter my view that the Bunnies are not all that. Also, who woke Joseph Manu up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, I thought that was a cracking game of footy by the Roosters, who I thought had underwhelmed thus far. But it doesn't alter my view that the Bunnies are not all that. Also, who woke Joseph Manu up?

We were abysmal last week - I keep hearing panelists and commentators talk up the contest with manly but it was an awful game - genuinely awful and while Manly did nothing ‘wrong’ it didn’t enhance my estimation of them one bit either.

But our game against the broncos we were a brick wall.

If we make rounds 1 and 3 something close to the norm, we are a contender. Unfortunately we meet Penrith this coming week and I have a feeling we will bottle it

Mate Manu was outstanding in round 1 and provided he gets some early ball he’s always our most dangerous back - though dom young might challenge for that title soon enough.

Souths are in shambles right now. I'm close to writing off this season, Demetriou needs to go.

Tallis Duncan and Moale should be playing every week he can for their development.

I'm not confident Ilias is going to be all he was cracked up to be, he's had a lot of time to prove himself and show glimpses of his potential but he looks very average most weeks - time to look for a new half, may as well go find a new 5/8 too.

It sucks we're stuck with some abysmal contracts with Cody Walker until end of next year.

Souths are in shambles right now. I'm close to writing off this season, Demetriou needs to go.

Tallis Duncan and Moale should be playing every week he can for their development.

I'm not confident Ilias is going to be all he was cracked up to be, he's had a lot of time to prove himself and show glimpses of his potential but he looks very average most weeks - time to look for a new half, may as well go find a new 5/8 too.

It sucks we're stuck with some abysmal contracts with Cody Walker until end of next year.

Walker is just a liability at this stage. Nothing more. His negatives far outweigh his positives and if there’s a way to get him off your books the club needs to take it. Players who are visibly having a go like Murray etc should be filthy at the pick and choose guys that aren’t.

While I’m grateful to Mitchell for his contribution to a title at the Chooks and can obviously see what he CAN bring to a footy side, man I would just be filthy if I was a Souths fan watching him against say, us, or Manly or Melbourne etc when you compare his approach to players like Tedesco and Turbo and Pappenhuyzen.

Mitchell is never ever going to be a player who is just relentlessly charging the ball into the line but he is coasting and that’s been the story for most of his career and while he still has plenty of time to change that, there’s not as much as there used to be

Walker is just a liability at this stage. Nothing more. His negatives far outweigh his positives and if there’s a way to get him off your books the club needs to take it. Players who are visibly having a go like Murray etc should be filthy at the pick and choose guys that aren’t.

While I’m grateful to Mitchell for his contribution to a title at the Chooks and can obviously see what he CAN bring to a footy side, man I would just be filthy if I was a Souths fan watching him against say, us, or Manly or Melbourne etc when you compare his approach to players like Tedesco and Turbo and Pappenhuyzen.

Mitchell is never ever going to be a player who is just relentlessly charging the ball into the line but he is coasting and that’s been the story for most of his career and while he still has plenty of time to change that, there’s not as much as there used to be
Mitchell looked completely and utterly disinterested last night. Like he truly would have rather been anywhere else in the world.

I realize Cook hasn’t set the world on fire but Havili was an absolute abomination for the first 15.

That highly rated back 5 hasn’t fired a shot, even with Wighton in there now and the 6 and 7 give nothing.

For a team that looks so high powered on paper there’s something seriously crook at the bunnies.

We were abysmal last week - I keep hearing panelists and commentators talk up the contest with manly but it was an awful game - genuinely awful and while Manly did nothing ‘wrong’ it didn’t enhance my estimation of them one bit either.
Not one bit? Tell me the last time a Manly side played relatively mistake free, ruthless football against a decent side?

I'll give you a hint, it's been a while.

And god I love it !

The dogs will play them back into form.

The Cowboys are a weird one; they look so sharp in attack, every time they get into the red zone they look like scoring, but they're yet to put in an 80 mins performance.

Entertaining game at Parramatta, the Gulls broke away to a 14-0 lead before the Eels scored three unanswered tries to lead 16-14 before the Gulls scored right on half time to lead 18-16.

Second half should be fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back