NRL NRL 2024 - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Sunday 3rd March
Manly-Warringah vs South Sydney (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 13:30)
Sydney Roosters vs Brisbane (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 15:30)

Thursday 7thd March
Newcastle vs Canberra (McDonald Jones Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 8th March
New Zealand vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Go Media Stadium - 18:00)
Melbourne vs Penrith (AAMI Park - 20:05)

Saturday 9th March
Parramatta vs Canterbury-Bankstown (CommBank Stadium - 17:30)
Gold Coast vs St.George-Illawarra (Cbus Super Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 10th March
Dolphins vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 14:00)

Bye:
Wests Tigers

The clip from AFL 360 just came up on my twitter feed... Yes he was very well spoken!

Nothing at all to be jealous about! If anything let's be honest NRL has been jealous/envious of the AFL since Super League started! I think now finally with PVL they've realised also it's not worth being envious over we can get there one day and beyond!

The two sides I'm interested in watching are GC and the Dogs this week. Both have a bit of expectations.

We've got a gun backline but sadly that's where it ends.

Our forwards stocks are thin, our halves are questionable and our depth is questionable!

I hope we are competitive this year, our time is 1-2 years away... We have the best juniors coming through (Not ready for NRL yet) in all positions, some absolute weapons in the halves, forwards and backs!

The clip from AFL 360 just came up on my twitter feed... Yes he was very well spoken!

Nothing at all to be jealous about! If anything let's be honest NRL has been jealous/envious of the AFL since Super League started! I think now finally with PVL they've realised also it's not worth being envious over we can get there one day and beyond!

The bickering from both sides is weird, both sports can coexist well, if anything it's union that won't last in Australia much. Can easily follow both sports.

We've got a gun backline but sadly that's where it ends.

Our forwards stocks are thin, our halves are questionable and our depth is questionable!

I hope we are competitive this year, our time is 1-2 years away... We have the best juniors coming through (Not ready for NRL yet) in all positions, some absolute weapons in the halves, forwards and backs!

your last line is where the expectation is, it's not so much making the 8 or winning x number of games, it's competing every week. that is the expectation this year, up to the players to prove that each week.

The bickering from both sides is weird, both sports can coexist well, if anything it's union that won't last in Australia much. Can easily follow both sports.
I love both sports and happily watch both codes.

No idea why people are so blinkered to only watching one and relentlessly potting the other

Of course Souths cop Manly the one time they are all fit lol, mind you we are never winning much with this dud coach, honestly I'd take Trent Barrett as coach over Dementriou. Imagine leaving Tallis Duncan out and playing a C grade at best plodder in Host.

Other game was weird, play it 10 times and Brisbane win it, fluffed a number of chances
You really shouldn't.

Hands down the worst coach I've seen.

I love both sports and happily watch both codes.

No idea why people are so blinkered to only watching one and relentlessly potting the other

Pretty much this I guess being in Sydney helps as I've grown up with RL, whilst my parents are from an AFL background. I just don't get people taking pot shots at the other sport. It's two generally different demographics for both sports.

I already said we aren't winning with this coach. Get Bennett back and you never know, Demetriou plays his favourites every week. We have Illias playing like custard as usual, but AD claims he has had some great off season, awful in both trials, and in round 1...now watch him never drop the bloke. Then there is playing Jacob Host lol, the bloke is a plodder at best.

Coming top 6 maybe winning a final is the best case for this side.

Personally, Hawkins in for Illias and Duncan for Host, at least.

Havilli is mediocre off the bench too felt we lacked size in that middle 20 mins.
As a former Leichhardt Wanderer alumni I wanted Illias to have a successful career. I just want him to do it anywhere other than at Souffs.

You really shouldn't.

Hands down the worst coach I've seen.

AD is just as bad sorry but the bloke refuses to drop Illas when Hawkins deserves a chance at least. Heaven knows he's a mile better kicker than Latrell too

That's probably my tweet haha. Didn't think many would care but have had people commenting on it all night/morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much this I guess being in Sydney helps as I've grown up with RL, whilst my parents are from an AFL background. I just don't get people taking pot shots at the other sport. It's two generally different demographics for both sports.
Sydney born - Melbourne relocated here.

Wear as much Giants gear as I do Tigers gear.

Helps that they’re both orange.

Then you get those that don't actually turn up on the night.

Expecting 22-23k.

Normally I agree, not in Newcastle these fans turn up and there's expectations after last year. Will sell out

As a former Leichhardt Wanderer alumni I wanted Illias to have a successful career. I just want him to do it anywhere other than at Souffs.

Personally I wouldn't mind him in the centres, he reminds me a bit of Shaun Berrigan back in the day. He has no idea how to kick tactically though and that's an issue. Why we let Reynolds go I'll never know

Personally I wouldn't mind him in the centres, he reminds me a bit of Shaun Berrigan back in the day. He has no idea how to kick tactically though and that's an issue. Why we let Reynolds go I'll never know
The better of the Berrigan brothers !

It's definitely out of those 2.

Pre season form isn't everything obviously but the Dragons looked much better than Wests in their game.
Trust the Bunj.

The Provan-Summers Cup is ours !

It's definitely out of those 2.

Pre season form isn't everything obviously but the Dragons looked much better than Wests in their game.

Tigers will win games as they get into the year, they are a better side without Brooks trying to be a halfback. Still hope Parra come last as I can't stand Moses.

Its more balanced then the Bulldogs however

Dogs do have this idea of picking 10 utilities though- there is a newsflash tehre's a reason they are utilities0 they aren't good in any position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back