NRL NRL 2024 - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Sunday 3rd March
Manly-Warringah vs South Sydney (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 13:30)
Sydney Roosters vs Brisbane (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 15:30)

Thursday 7thd March
Newcastle vs Canberra (McDonald Jones Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 8th March
New Zealand vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Go Media Stadium - 18:00)
Melbourne vs Penrith (AAMI Park - 20:05)

Saturday 9th March
Parramatta vs Canterbury-Bankstown (CommBank Stadium - 17:30)
Gold Coast vs St.George-Illawarra (Cbus Super Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 10th March
Dolphins vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 14:00)

Bye:
Wests Tigers

Panthers played very un-Panther like footy at times, some real panicky finishes to sets, lots of uncharacteristic errors BUT when they held the ball I thought they still looked very good, they looked threatening, they just didn’t have the sort of finishing touch that we are familiar with and obviously Melbourne’s defence was outstanding. Penrith themselves defended fantastically.

I f**king hate the obstruction rule - I know by the letter of the law they got that call probably correct last night but it was just poor defence that saw Hughes miss that tackle, nothing more.

One thing I do know is that Penrith have made the right call in not breaking the bank to retain Luai. He offers nothing more than a link ball player. Every time I watch him I’m less and less impressed by him.

I'm going real early, but a half into the season I feel like some better teams than Parra are going to ******* wreck the Bulldogs this season. They're putting everything they have into a so-so defence, and they have absolutely nothing in possession.

I'm going real early, but a half into the season I feel like some better teams than Parra are going to ******* wreck the Bulldogs this season. They're putting everything they have into a so-so defence, and they have absolutely nothing in possession.
Of course, the problem with this statement is you are assuming that there is a better team than Parramatta and that just can't be true. :)

It's an exciting game when you have forwards with ball playing skills, the quick offloads from Paulo and Matterson for Cartwright's second try were beautiful to watch.

Of course, the problem with this statement is you are assuming that there is a better team than Parramatta and that just can't be true. :)

I reckon there's at least half a dozen NRL teams who would've already dropped 40+ on this ratshit Dogs team today.

In much happier news, how good does the NRL look in 4k?

I reckon there's at least half a dozen NRL teams who would've already dropped 40+ on this ratshit Dogs team today.

In much happier news, how good does the NRL look in 4k?
It's the first round of the season, I'm not expecting my team to come out of the gates all guns blazing, I just want my team to get a comfortable win without injuries.

We may get the comfortable win, unfortunately, we don't get out of the game unscathed.

Still watching the game in HD, it's good enough.

It's the first round of the season, I'm not expecting my team to come out of the gates all guns blazing, I just want my team to get a comfortable win without injuries.

We may get the comfortable win, unfortunately, we don't get out of the game unscathed.

Still watching the game in HD, it's good enough.

It's less a comment on Parra anyway, and more a comment on how the Bulldogs appear to be absolute gutter trash.

It's less a comment on Parra anyway, and more a comment on how the Bulldogs appear to be absolute gutter trash.
To be honest we shut up shop though. From 60 minute onwards we simply just did the simple hitups and got through the game. Moses injury through the formation out of whack completely also

Bulldogs were as bad as I thought. Too much expected of Max King defensively while quite a few of their big name signings simply dont have the teammates capable of getting them the ball in good positions. Kikau is a waste of space without the ball yet he never gets the ball.

I wasnt surprised with the Titans result either. Depth of a puddle. Even 1 injury to that team destroys the makeup of it. No Campbell, Foran or Fifita and everyone shifts into unfamiliar roles to cover. Will see if they can stay injury free before we write them off but they need the 3 back sooner rather then later

Dolphins reinforce my long-held view that they're Not All That. I wonder if Herbie has any regrets?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back