NRL NRL 2024 - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Sunday 3rd March
Manly-Warringah vs South Sydney (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 13:30)
Sydney Roosters vs Brisbane (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 15:30)

Thursday 7thd March
Newcastle vs Canberra (McDonald Jones Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 8th March
New Zealand vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Go Media Stadium - 18:00)
Melbourne vs Penrith (AAMI Park - 20:05)

Saturday 9th March
Parramatta vs Canterbury-Bankstown (CommBank Stadium - 17:30)
Gold Coast vs St.George-Illawarra (Cbus Super Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 10th March
Dolphins vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 14:00)

Bye:
Wests Tigers

Its more balanced then the Bulldogs however
Might be more balanced but that Dogs backline is potent enough to score some wins themselves. Preston is obviously quite good and while Mahoney is overrated, he's still better than several hookers. They should be fine. Not top 8 but won't be close to the bottom I don't think.

Might be more balanced but that Dogs backline is potent enough to score some wins themselves. Preston is obviously quite good and while Mahoney is overrated, he's still better than several hookers. They should be fine. Not top 8 but won't be close to the bottom I don't think.

I think they will compete most weeks, whether that comes 10th or 13th/14th I have no idea. Hard team to pick where they come. Feel you'll have a good guide after the first month.

They will need to score 30+ a game to cover the forward pack issues I feel so thats kinda going to be why I feel that while its potent it wont be enough to get them off the bottom

They will need to score 30+ a game to cover the forward pack issues I feel so thats kinda going to be why I feel that while its potent it wont be enough to get them off the bottom

I have more of an issue with their spine than their forwards, a good middle or two wouldn't go astray, but their backrow is good. The issie is the spine, Crighton is not a FB, Taafe is okay but he's exactly that. Burton is a centre trying to convince himself he's a 6, they don't have a competent halfback. So yet again everything goes down to Mahoney who is not really a creative 9. Feel they need to go after a good half and when I mean good I mean top line.

I have more of an issue with their spine than their forwards, a good middle or two wouldn't go astray, but their backrow is good. The issie is the spine, Crighton is not a FB, Taafe is okay but he's exactly that. Burton is a centre trying to convince himself he's a 6, they don't have a competent halfback. So yet again everything goes down to Mahoney who is not really a creative 9. Feel they need to go after a good half and when I mean good I mean top line.
Crichton will play centre, I assume Taafe stays at FB. I don't rate Taafe but he's better than Crichton in the 1.

I think they will compete most weeks, whether that comes 10th or 13th/14th I have no idea. Hard team to pick where they come. Feel you'll have a good guide after the first month.
See I think West TIgers will compete and come 10th-14th area. Talentwise they could be better but its balnaced atleast and isnt completely filled with guys playing out of position

See I think West TIgers will compete and come 10th-14th area. Talentwise they could be better but its balnaced atleast and isnt completely filled with guys playing out of position

I still worry about their coaching and lets be real Benji was coaching all of last year too. I think they will improve in the second half of the year no idea if its good enough to avoid the spoon (it's them or the Dragons)

I still worry about their coaching and lets be real Benji was coaching all of last year too. I think they will improve in the second half of the year no idea if its good enough to avoid the spoon (it's them or the Dragons)
If I know Tim Sheens the way I think I do, Benji would’ve definitely been kept at arms reach for most of last year.

The man is Australia sports biggest ego.

If I know Tim Sheens the way I think I do, Benji would’ve definitely been kept at arms reach for most of last year.

The man is Australia sports biggest ego.

Hes bad but there is worse in terms of ego

Of course Souths cop Manly the one time they are all fit lol, mind you we are never winning much with this dud coach, honestly I'd take Trent Barrett as coach over Dementriou. Imagine leaving Tallis Duncan out and playing a C grade at best plodder in Host.

Other game was weird, play it 10 times and Brisbane win it, fluffed a number of chances

Bahahahauaha Brisbane fluffed a number of chances?

They made 1 line break all match.
The roosters made 4, and for all Manu and Tedesco’s threat, the pair of them botched 3-4 chances between them by not passing early enough. That Brisbane were in the game at all was a minor miracle

They offloaded less, they kicked less effectively, they missed more tackles and ran for less metres and they made more errors.

In what world did they do enough to give the impression that they win that game 9 times out of 10.

Did Radley lay you out as well?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bahahahauaha Brisbane fluffed a number of chances?

They made 1 line break all match.
The roosters made 4, and for all Manu and Tedesco’s threat, the pair of them botched 3-4 chances between them by not passing early enough. That Brisbane were in the game at all was a minor miracle

They offloaded less, they kicked less effectively, they missed more tackles and ran for less metres and they made more errors.

In what world did they do enough to give the impression that they win that game 9 times out of 10.

Did Radley lay you out as well?
Yeah I don't think the Broncos ever really threatened to win. Perhaps the late try just before HT there was some thought to them going on with it but that died off pretty quickly in the second half.

It's been interesting reading the aftermath of the weekend.

Rugby league fans generally are celebrating it, AFL fans are mostly knocking it while us multi sports lovers think it was pretty good. While I'd rather see the game push into Perth and NZ while doing much more in Victoria, I get what they're trying to do.

The US ratings weren't great and I would think 9 would be worried Fox League out-rated them.

I'm not sure it will actually go around again next year, but the NRL and Mr. V'Landy's has got just about everyone talking about it.

Mission, quite clearly, accomplished.

Last night Blocker called for a State of Origin decider in Vegas in the future. Would be fantastic imo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a ridiculous idea. Sorry it is, it’s bad enough sending Origin games to other states that aren’t NSW/QLD. How are the players backing up 2 days later on a Friday/Sat for their club.

Blocker just wants the free food on the flight!

They wouldn’t. They would be a stand alone weekend game one would assume.

Even worse. Origin Is between NSW and QLD. That’s is it not the US, not Perth. The odd game interstate okay, but that’s it. Players need 2 weeks to recover, it’s ridiculous. Blocker just loves American food too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back