NRL NRL 2024 - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Sunday 3rd March
Manly-Warringah vs South Sydney (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 13:30)
Sydney Roosters vs Brisbane (Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas - 15:30)

Thursday 7thd March
Newcastle vs Canberra (McDonald Jones Stadium - 20:00)

Friday 8th March
New Zealand vs Cronulla-Sutherland (Go Media Stadium - 18:00)
Melbourne vs Penrith (AAMI Park - 20:05)

Saturday 9th March
Parramatta vs Canterbury-Bankstown (CommBank Stadium - 17:30)
Gold Coast vs St.George-Illawarra (Cbus Super Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 10th March
Dolphins vs North Queensland (Suncorp Stadium - 14:00)

Bye:
Wests Tigers

That's a very odd comment. What do you think would've changed?

Spencer is getting his whack everywhere I've seen.
Eh it would have been a bigger whack. I severely doubt 10 weeks would be the conversation, would be lifetime ban

I think he has gotten a bigger whack then I was thinking he would though. I thought the media would buy into the boys will be boys narrative as the morons they are

Said it earlier on but think Manly will finish top 4 and be in the conversation.

As for the Broncos I worry about the players they lost this offseason. Not enough talk about it and the impact. Herbie/Capwell/Flegler were integral pieces and replaced by basically nothing. No team can lose 3 players of that calibre and compete for the top 4 the following year.

Eh it would have been a bigger whack. I severely doubt 10 weeks would be the conversation, would be lifetime ban

I think he has gotten a bigger whack then I was thinking he would though. I thought the media would buy into the boys will be boys narrative as the morons they are
Only my opinion but I disagree with that.

Has officially been charged by the NRL now, he's going to be on the sidelines for the foreseeable future.

Agreed the moron basically admitted it! Throw the book at him.

The NRL can show it's finally got balls by banning him for 5+ weeks!
Should be 15-20 games if found guilty.

Fans get life bans for racism towards to players at a game.

What excuse do the players have when they get all this education and they want to stamp it out.

You cant be using the Heat in the moment excuse for a racist remark in 2024

I think there is a certain sensitivity to it that is exercised regardless of the offenders race because ultimately the victim is deeply hurt by it.

I do think that to a degree it’s treated differently because of Spencer’s race from a media POV, but I think that’s mostly because the media is predominantly white. Watching JT talk about it last night he didn’t hold back at all.

I think white people just don’t really know how to discuss it because we’ve never suffered from it and it feels really weird to discuss two minorities in a racism scandal when you’re white.

It’s barely a decade since Paul Gallen - now a channel 9 commentator - was fined $10k for calling Micky Paea a ‘black c**t.’

I’m not so sure you can just say those sorts of generalisations with any accuracy.

It’s barely a decade since Paul Gallen - now a channel 9 commentator - was fined $10k for calling Micky Paea a ‘black c**t.’

I’m not so sure you can just say those sorts of generalisations with any accuracy.
That’s a blast from the past, that name.

Absolute gun Juniour player. Bit of a journeyman career

Yep, it's unfortunately taken the gloss of what was a fantastic result.

Totally appreciate what Robbo said but I find it hard to believe Ezra misheard the word 'monkey'.

I also feel for the NRL a bit - they should be commended for what I believe was a pretty successful weekend and yet they finished it by having to investigate this.

I barely ever listen to SEN, but this morning, but for some reason, had it on this morning on my way to work. Heard the news and all those ambulance chasers had to say was something like "NRL in Vegas, marred by a racial slur and a crowd fight".

Just pathetic reporting. Agree on commending the NRL, great initiative.

Said it earlier on but think Manly will finish top 4 and be in the conversation.

First game in ages I've seen them not make a billion mistakes.

I still think they have a brittleness to them - some coming from DCE's ( mainly brilliance, but ) occasional wtfs, but mainly also the way they move up as a line in defence is lazy compared to the very top teams. On that second point, they started off brilliantly in defence, but soon after, allowed the Broncos too much space in attack and their class started to exploit it.

I barely ever listen to SEN, but this morning, but for some reason, had it on this morning on my way to work. Heard the news and all those ambulance chasers had to say was something like "NRL in Vegas, marred by a racial slur and a crowd fight".

Just pathetic reporting. Agree on commending the NRL, great initiative.

First game in ages I've seen them not make a billion mistakes.

I still think they have a brittleness to them - some coming from DCE's ( mainly brilliance, but ) occasional wtfs, but mainly also the way they move up as a line in defence is lazy compared to the very top teams. On that second point, they started off brilliantly in defence, but soon after, allowed the Broncos too much space in attack and their class started to exploit it.
1- not sure about that. They’re obligated to report on it and it has marred the weekend. Not sure what else they can say.

2- do you mean the rabbits? Manly didn’t play the broncos

1- not sure about that. They’re obligated to report on it and it has marred the weekend. Not sure what else they can say.

2- do you mean the rabbits? Manly didn’t play the broncos
1 - Thought they could have spoken about two great games, instead of two negatives.

2 - Sorry, just saw my mistake....I meant against the Rabbits

1 - Thought they could have spoken about two great games, instead of two negatives.

2 - Sorry, just saw my mistake....I meant against the Rabbits
I didn’t hear SEN so can’t comment on that specifically but all the news outlets I saw reported on the games and the success but naturally commented on the incident as they must.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should get some good crowds for the remainder of the round.

Knights V Raiders - 25,000
NZ V Cronulla - 20,000
Melbourne V Penrith - Any AFL in town? If so 15,000 if not 18,000
Parra V Dogs - Heading towards capacity (30K) but take out the usual suspects around 28K
Gold Coast V St George - 18,000
Dolphins vs North Queensland - 30,000

Should get some good crowds for the remainder of the round.

Knights V Raiders - 25,000
NZ V Cronulla - 20,000
Melbourne V Penrith - Any AFL in town? If so 15,000 if not 18,000
Parra V Dogs - Heading towards capacity (30K) but take out the usual suspects around 28K
Gold Coast V St George - 18,000
Dolphins vs North Queensland - 30,000
Ours won't be that high. Low 20's I would think.

No AFL in Victoria this weekend either.

Of course Souths cop Manly the one time they are all fit lol, mind you we are never winning much with this dud coach, honestly I'd take Trent Barrett as coach over Dementriou. Imagine leaving Tallis Duncan out and playing a C grade at best plodder in Host.

Other game was weird, play it 10 times and Brisbane win it, fluffed a number of chances

Of course Souths cop Manly the one time they are all fit lol, mind you we are never winning much with this dud coach, honestly I'd take Trent Barrett as coach over Dementriou. Imagine leaving Tallis Duncan out and playing a C grade at best plodder in Host.

Other game was weird, play it 10 times and Brisbane win it, fluffed a number of chances
Ah well it’s only Souffs

Ah well it’s only Souffs

I already said we aren't winning with this coach. Get Bennett back and you never know, Demetriou plays his favourites every week. We have Illias playing like custard as usual, but AD claims he has had some great off season, awful in both trials, and in round 1...now watch him never drop the bloke. Then there is playing Jacob Host lol, the bloke is a plodder at best.

Coming top 6 maybe winning a final is the best case for this side.

Personally, Hawkins in for Illias and Duncan for Host, at least.

Havilli is mediocre off the bench too felt we lacked size in that middle 20 mins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back