The numpty questions thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks. Didn't he build a massive house in Brisbane a couple of years ago? I assumed he was very settled up there
Still has his property around Currumbin area on the Gold coast from memory. Uses it for holidays

Could Witherden move to half forward? Reads play well, can mark or bring to ground, and makes good decisions about whether to wheel and go or pause. Can also deliver pin point pass which we need more of going deeper inside 50. Can kick goals and is the sort of personality that would thrive off that

Could Witherden move to half forward? Reads play well, can mark or bring to ground, and makes good decisions about whether to wheel and go or pause. Can also deliver pin point pass which we need more of going deeper inside 50. Can kick goals and is the sort of personality that would thrive off that
I think the challenge for Witho is that, with our style of play, we require half forwards to work really hard to push back in defence and then “turn and go” when the ball is turned over. Once it is in our forward 50, the expectation is for manic levels of pressure. It is a high work rate position these days.

In contrast, at half back, you get a breather when the ball is in the forward half. You also get the chance to zone off and use the angles to good effect. It is why we were able to play three medium/smalls in defence who don’t have great ground coverage - Rich, Hodge and Witho.

Footy has turned on its head these days. Forwards are judged on their defensive pressure and defenders need to be good, creative ball users who can take a mark.

I think the challenge for Witho is that, with our style of play, we require half forwards to work really hard to push back in defence and then “turn and go” when the ball is turned over. Once it is in our forward 50, the expectation is for manic levels of pressure. It is a high work rate position these days.

In contrast, at half back, you get a breather when the ball is in the forward half. You also get the chance to zone off and use the angles to good effect. It is why we were able to play three medium/smalls in defence who don’t have great ground coverage - Rich, Hodge and Witho.

Footy has turned on its head these days. Forwards are judged on their defensive pressure and defenders need to be good, creative ball users who can take a mark.
Thanks for your reply, his numbers were against his trend this year and we have ah chee birchall Cox and even Prior who are all expected to put pressure on the spot, I know he is working on his running hard so maybe he can play hf in the manner required, or consolidate his position in front of the abovementioned.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but after all the trading during the draft whose picks do we now hold for 2020?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but after all the trading during the draft whose picks do we now hold for 2020?
Half way down the first post.

Bit new to this footy thing. Sorry if its a basic question. I thought Clug was a winger but the team list has him as a follower. Is this random or is Fagan actually going to play him through the middle this season?
Also if Adams is playing the center half back role why does he get listed as a pocket?

In these sad days of ruck nominations, why don't ruckmen take a run-up and jump over the opposition at ball-ups around the ground?
I'm waiting for one to line up directly behind the boundary umpire and just charge in straight at his opponent. See who blinks first.
Under 6-6-6, why wouldn't a forward or two station themselves out by the boundary and open up the forward line even further?
This is one I've wondered about too. The congestion to try to knock defenders off of the forward's heels seems to be a more popular tactic, and huddling in the middle does allow more space to lead into - but given ours specifically are more dangerous one on one...

How do we find our membership barcode number? One of the emails we provided for our membership was incorrect so we did not recieve the email back in Feb with the membership barcode on it. Guessing it's a 'contact the club' situation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back