The off topic thread #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

IeLOBZb7ZdQ1G.gif

Got Stranger Things vibes from that first scene lol.

Stay safe peeps in Melbourne.

Been quite a crazy hour or so. Was in a meeting at Bourke St and Elizabeth St, we were told to stay inside.

Had a peak at my phone and between my wife (who is a doctor at the RCH) and my brother (who works in the Deloitte building at William St), was given the update. Unbelievable stuff.

The world is pretty ****ed up at times. This picture is from my brother's office. And yes, that's a pram. There are no words.

Devestating.

IMG-20170120-WA0006.jpg

Was just heading back to the office after lunch with a work mate when we saw all the flashing police lights and went to check it out. Crazy.

My aunt works very close to Bourke Street mall and her building was in lockdown and she couldn't get in (after returning from her own lunch break). Spoke to a guy near the police barrier who said people were fleeing into Myer and the shops along the mall were closing their doors.

We had crossed at Flinders Street as well - the same idiot had done some donuts and hoon driving there before the incident.

Apparently someone has died. Throw the book at this idiot.

Seems gang rather than terrorism related at this stage. Hope the baby is ok but heard it was sent flying which doesn't bode well.
How's it gang related? He wasn't driving down gang members just the public? Not saying it is terror related just don't see why there's a need to label it. Sometimes humans are ******* awful for no reason (or drugs)

Police suspect the guy stabbed someone earlier today (speculation could have been a drug deal gone bad) before his hooning at Flinders Street and then subsequent mowing down of pedestrians.

How's it gang related? He wasn't driving down gang members just the public? Not saying it is terror related just don't see why there's a need to label it. Sometimes humans are ******* awful for no reason (or drugs)

Sorry? I'm saying it sounds like it was motivated by actions perpetrated by gangs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yep. The earlier incidents sound like gang/drug deal related. Doubt whichever gang he is a part of will be happy this has happened though

Yeah not sure what the * makes someone mow down pedestrians. ******* sickening.

My sis was getting lunch close to Burke St at the time but she's safe thank god.
* this worthless piece of s**t.
So sad about the baby :(

Not that I want to see it but where are they posting that sort of thing?

Image of the campaigner
View attachment 328835

It's on twitter

Bit sad to see people start speculating on the motive based on the skin color of the dickhead, kinda isn't the time for that

Would be interested to know if the police could've done more to stop him from earlier, although it's always easier in hindsight, but if the bloke stabbed someone back at 2:30 am then you would've thought there could've been more done on catching him

It's on twitter

Bit sad to see people start speculating on the motive based on the skin color of the dickhead, kinda isn't the time for that

Would be interested to know if the police could've done more to stop him from earlier, although it's always easier in hindsight, but if the bloke stabbed someone back at 2:30 am then you would've thought there could've been more done on catching him

He's basically white so stupid to even try to - I'm assuming people are trying to allege it's terror related?

They were in pursuit of him from the sounds of things. Surely when the public looked in danger you shoot to kill.

Alright just lock him away forever

Was he wanted for the stabbing earlier?

Possibly they were still being investigating the stabbing when the CBD mayhem took place and then connected the dots at that point. Their statement doesn't really mention if they were actively looking for the guy prior to the hit and runs.

People always try to blame it on terrorism but in this case it really is just a lone dickhead

Apparently was doing donuts for a while at Fed square with his car but didn't really stop him then, then he turned into Swanston and basically grind to a halt because that's Swanston. Wonder if they could've done anything before

But I don't really blame the cops, it's ******* Melbourne, we don't * with anyone and we are a good peaceful sort, there's generally no real need for extreme responses. Basically * this guy

Wouldn't waste a cent on this blokes court case. Just dump him in the middle of nowhere between Tasmania and Antarctica

Keep him in prison until someone needs his heart, lungs, liver etc. just leave him alive long enough to harvest him for spare parts.

People always try to blame it on terrorism but in this case it really is just a lone dickhead

Apparently was doing donuts for a while at Fed square with his car but didn't really stop him then, then he turned into Swanston and basically grind to a halt because that's Swanston. Wonder if they could've done anything before

But I don't really blame the cops, it's ******* Melbourne, we don't **** with anyone and we are a good peaceful sort, there's generally no real need for extreme responses. Basically **** this guy
At the end of the video of him doing donuts at Flinders/Swanston you see him drive off down Swanston (in the direction of Bourke) with 2 police cars in pursuit. Witnesses all say that when he hit the victims on Bourke St there were police in pursuit. Seems like realistically they did everything they could, although between Flinders and Bourke there is a Police station on Swanston where they could have set up a roadblock, would have only had a matter of seconds to organise that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back