The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can a simple post saying a bloke who is about to kill three random innocent people has eyes full of hate can illicit two pages of complete bunkum is beyond me. It’s like the height of autism

Straight to the insults. How very mature of you.
You are an idiot though. You made a post that was merely designed to be inflammatory towards me whilst sucking up to SM. And you call me immature? If you’ve got nothing to say of note then don’t say anything

You are an idiot though. You made a post that was merely designed to be inflammatory towards me whilst sucking up to SM. And you call me immature? If you’ve got nothing to say of note then don’t say anything
And you bring up SM again. Why is your obsession with him? My post had absolutely nothing to do with him.

Ironic that if you took your own advice you'd have 12,847 less posts on this forum.

And you bring up SM again. Why is your obsession with him? My post had absolutely nothing to do with him.

Ironic that if you took your own advice you'd have 12,847 less posts on this forum.
As I said, if you’ve got something of worth to say then say it. All you’re doing is trying to instigate another shitfight.

I think the point that JD was making is that there’s little doubt this individual is hate filled.

However using that still image from public transport as supporting evidence doesn’t necessarily reflect that. Was difficult to see his eyes anyway so am not sure what you can really deduce from that.

Obviously his actions afterwards speak for themselves, but if you took a snapshot of countless commuters on public transport, they’d have a similar blanked out looking staring into space. Not sure it’s that difficult to understand.

I think the point that JD was making is that there’s little doubt this individual is hate filled.

However using that still image from public transport as supporting evidence doesn’t necessarily reflect that. Was difficult to see his eyes anyway so am not sure what you can really deduce from that.

Obviously his actions afterwards speak for themselves, but if you took a snapshot of countless commuters on public transport, they’d have a similar blanked out looking staring into space. Not sure it’s that difficult to understand.
Seemed like a frivolous counter point to what was a throwaway comment by me in the first place. So frivolous in fact that I was under the impression there was something underlying to it, but it seems not. The whole debate was just a complete waste of time and a massive exercise in how to avoid dealing with the important issues at hand

To call it frivolous is to show either genuine naivety or deliberate ignorance of the issue being brought up. To call him hate filled from that still image is to use confirmation bias which is the same thing used to ascribe to all Muslim attackers the label of terrorist and the majority of white attackers "mental health victims".

Its what led Anning to assign blame on the Muslim population for a white attack, and what leads WR to complain about a man shooting a family member and then killing two other people not being labeled a terror attack.

For someone who supposedly studied psychology to not be able to self assess and recognize symptoms of confirmation bias affecting their judgment is a bit disappointing.

New job is good but the manager of my department is so full on. She is abrupt to a level I've never seen before. Incredibly blunt. She's got no people skills at all and lacks the tact required to deal with people.

Aside from that it's pretty good. My manager is great, the environment is so laid back. Can virtually wear headphones the whole time I'm on the phone. They're keen on my ideas about how I can improve their processes too.

Two more weeks then it's wedding time and then honeymoon for three and half weeks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New job is good but the manager of my department is so full on. She is abrupt to a level I've never seen before. Incredibly blunt. She's got no people skills at all and lacks the tact required to deal with people.

Aside from that it's pretty good. My manager is great, the environment is so laid back. Can virtually wear headphones the whole time I'm on the phone. They're keen on my ideas about how I can improve their processes too.

Two more weeks then it's wedding time and then honeymoon for three and half weeks!

Sounds just like my managers haha, sounding more and more like my gig. ;)

A manager at my work is nicknamed Teflon.

Sounds just like my managers haha, sounding more and more like my gig. ;)
Ha. I unfortunately have no time to go on BF at work. Too busy. Will eventually be able to work from home when I want to

CEO has made a few positive comments toward me which is good too.

A manager at my work is nicknamed Teflon.
Haha. Similar personality?

Ha. I unfortunately have no time to go on BF at work. Too busy. Will eventually be able to work from home when I want to

Lol ok, not sure the link but fair enough.

Haha. Similar personality?
He is called that as nothing sticks to his desk. He passes everything to the team leaders. I don't work for him I don't really know his personality.

Lol ok, not sure the link but fair enough.
You drew a similarity how it was saying more and more alike.

Maybe I misinterpreted it. Sorry.

He is called that as nothing sticks to his desk. He passes everything to the team leaders. I don't work for him I don't really know his personality.
Sounds like you've dodged a bullet!

You drew a similarity how it was saying more and more alike.

Maybe I misinterpreted it. Sorry.

Sounds like you've dodged a bullet!

Lol I was referring to my comments in the resignation thread about being promised good culture in the interview but really the management are s**t.

Lol I was referring to my comments in the resignation thread about being promised good culture in the interview but really the management are s**t.
Oh yes yes. My manager is good, really like her and she likes my ideas which is good. The abrupt manager is changing teams soon so won't have to deal with her which is a plus.

To call it frivolous is to show either genuine naivety or deliberate ignorance of the issue being brought up. To call him hate filled from that still image is to use confirmation bias which is the same thing used to ascribe to all Muslim attackers the label of terrorist and the majority of white attackers "mental health victims".

You’ve lost the plot. Would I call him “hate filled” had we not known what he was about to do? No. But we do know what he was about to do and in that context his demeanour becomes evident.

Its what led Anning to assign blame on the Muslim population for a white attack, and what leads WR to complain about a man shooting a family member and then killing two other people not being labeled a terror attack.

Oh I see, how dare I complain about a man commiting a terror attack. How inconsiderate and deeply offensive of me. I understand all three victims were not known to the attacker and pro ISIS material has been found at his home. Not that you’d know this considering the attack has already been buried before it can officially be labelled as such. At least it got some traction though, unlike the migrant in Italy who tried to burn 50 kids to death on a minibus because of Italy’s immigration policy.

You really are a sad excuse for your generation. A completely gullible, naive, little man who’s bought every peice of liberal propaganda that’s been sold to you.

The euphoria of winning a premiership really is something hard to explain but once you get it you just want it again.

We were dead to rights today. Opposition only needing 20 runs off the last 12 overs with five wickets left, and lose by 4 runs with a second last over run out.

The next 5 minutes were a blur, and I dare say tomorrow when we really go hard with celebrations will be as well.

The euphoria of winning a premiership really is something hard to explain but once you get it you just want it again.

We were dead to rights today. Opposition only needing 20 runs off the last 12 overs with five wickets left, and lose by 4 runs with a second last over run out.

The next 5 minutes were a blur, and I dare say tomorrow when we really go hard with celebrations will be as well.
That’s insane. Congrats mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back