The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have a Kindle, and if so are they worth it? Want to start reading more and seems to me that might be the most practical option.
Nothing better than a paper book. Tried Kindle but not for me

Does anyone have a Kindle, and if so are they worth it? Want to start reading more and seems to me that might be the most practical option.
I have a kobo, very happy with it and think it's worth the money

My old man has a kindle. Absolutely loves it. Largely due to practicality (fits in a trouser or suit jacket pocket). Also reduces the overflow of books in their house.

I'm old school and love collecting quality books so it's not for me.

Gifted a kindle to my partner and she's barley touched it. My mum, who is usually anti-tech, bought one and surprisingly loves it. So I guess it's a personal preference thing that you'll only discover by giving it a go.

Despite being a traditionalist & preferring physical copies, I make great use of my Kindle paperwhite. Immediate accessibility to titles was a huge drawcard for me, along with the ability to download free samples prior to purchasing. Highly recommend.

Anyone watching Andor? May be the best SW content ever produced. It's a slow burn so don't expect the same sort of show as Kenobi/Mandalorian/etc. but it's a much richer character study with some great set piece action punctuating the story. Bit of a spy thriller sort of thing.

2 eps in and bored shitless

Yeah doesn't really suit people with a short attention span. It's more Ozark than Breaking Bad.

I've forced myself to not use a device while watching and have found I'm enjoying it so much more. It works in 3 episode arcs so try to stick with it for the conclusion of the first arc and see if that helps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back