The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being Liverpool...

Embarrassing and I’m off to Spain in August
Just don't wear your Liverpool top and you'll be right.;)

Seriously though, what absolute morons we have. Think Liverpool supporters might have learnt from the past? Unfortunately alcohol and a low IQ are a dangerous mix. That guy is around 50?, behaving like a 15 year old FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a gifted footballer. Has anyone on here seen him play live? Something I need to do before he cooks it

Would be a pleasure to watch him play. To see his movement off the ball is what you don’t see a lot of watching him on the box and you’d get an even greater appreciation of his talent. You’d probably end up watching that as much as the on ball play itself

Football really does bring out the worst in people sometimes.

Nice gesture from Kane, but how ****** is society that he needed to make the gesture.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-48137052
Nothing really to do with football. Abuse and bullying like this has always existed. Did you never experience or see it at school? For some abuse starts even earlier at the home. It’s a society problem that’s always existed and probably always will

What is it about Britons on holiday in sunny Spain on the piss? They turn into absolute dickheads.

They do it everywhere. I've seen and been around English fans several times when I was still living in Europe. It's impossible to say what % of fans we're talking about here (5-10% maybe?) but with English fans visiting, you're guaranteed to get trouble. Traveling fans visit cities, but there's this group of English fans who always want to occupy where they are. It's really remarkable. They'll gather in a pub and have guys standing at the door to not let in anyone who's not English, while behaving aggressively to people in the street. They do this every time. I've never seen fans from other European countries do this. You feel a certain level of aggression and ugliness towards anyone who's not part of their group.

Amsterdam last year.

I've never seen French, German, Scottish, Dutch... fans do something like this. That mentality... occupying the bridge and taunting locals who pass by. It's weird by the way that their neighbours, the Scots, are arguably the most liked fans on the continent. They do all the drinking and singing as well but are friendly and sociable towards their hosts. Europeans think the English feel the need to be like this because they feel separate from continental Europeans and have a strong us against them mentality. Not sure why the Scots and Irish aren't like that then though.

You get it outside of football too. At the time, one of my friends was running a youth hostel and the only times they had trouble was with English groups - a bachelor party, a rugby team, a school group... drinking and fighting, destroying things...

Saying all that though, there's also the opposite of course. I've been to away games with Leeds and have experienced some great moments with very friendly and welcoming fans. To my feeling, you get the best and the worst with the English.

Yeah saw Messi live at Wembley last year in CL.

The ball is glued to his feet and defenders just melt away in front of him. It's not pace or flashy stepovers - he just glides with the ball. A genuine privilege to watch.

The best moment of the match was Harry WInks chasing him down, slide hook tackling Messi, and runnign away with the ball the other way. Can you imagine what a memory that will be for Harry Winks? :)

I’m not why English fans are like it. I think there’s not an outlet for people to feel a sense of belonging, and it manifests itself in this negative way. Maybe in our genes we have been this conquering nation and perhaps deep down that still exists, although some would cite that as hyperbole. Think Kompany is right about the us and them mentality that exists with continental europeans, although English fans have fought with Tunisians and probably other nations outside of Europe over the years. It’s only a minority of fans though, but it’s a big enough minority to make it a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back