The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fat Sam is a sook. Why shouldn't fans have a say in how they think he's doing.
It's not needed, the fans can easily have their say on social media.

That being said, Fat Sam is a short term manager so Everton should give him an 11/10 for keeping them up then send him packing and get a proper manager that will make them play a good brand of football and get them in the Europa League in 2 seasons time.

That being said, Fat Sam is a short term manager so Everton should give him an 11/10 for keeping them up then send him packing and get a proper manager that will get them in the Europa League in 2 seasons time.
* two years time. Good chance a top 6 club wins both cups next season, and as admirable as they’ve been if Burnley are gonna get a Europa place this season then there’s no reason a good summer can’t see Everton do that next season.

**** two years time. Good chance a top 6 club wins both cups next season, and as admirable as they’ve been if Burnley are gonna get a Europa place this season then there’s no reason a good summer can’t see Everton do that next season.
I'm including this season when I say 2 seasons time. So 2019/20 they should be in Europa.

Social media is a pretty poor representation of football supporters imo.

It"s just a bit of feedback. Doubt it would influence much at the club. But it doesn't hurt anyone and Fat Sam's moaning just screams of someone that doesn't think supporters should have an opinion on key issues at the club.

Because they don't own the club?

What next running a poll for what CB to sign. Stupid idea by Everton to begin with
Why seek feedback from supporters in any issue then?

Why seek feedback from supporters in any issue then?
A fan issue like ticket pricing or improving facilities sure. Football matters should be left to people who are full time professionals working within the industry. The manager or any coaches position isn't something they should be consulted on, just like they shouldn't (and don't) consult fans on who to sign because there are FT & PT employed scouts to do that

If I was facing the prospect of watching Fat Sam football for another year I'd have two chances of letting the club know it wasn't for me.

One is in a controlled survey (I'd go further than just a rating out of 10. I'd ask supporters what the like about him, what they don't like, what could improve etc). The other is seeing supporters send a message by not renewing season tickets or gradually becoming disenfranchised with the direction of the club.

For me I'd be seeking feedback from supporters on style of play, transfers, performances, results, how the club is represented in the media etc. Would be very interesting to see how those opinions change over time.

because most fans are idiots who think managing a football club is just like playing FIfa career mode
Without those idiots clubs wouldn't exist.

I think people are making too much of it. No-one is saying you make hiring and firing decisions based in a survey (this survey was a selected focus group, not a general survey for anyone to take iirc). But it can give you an insight into how your supporters are feeling about the club.

I see that as a positive thing.

The problem is they feel the need to ask fans about a clear short-term appointment
Yeah I agree with that. Ideally you want it done over time, in good times and bad. If it was just something you do after a bad year with a non contracted manager it wouldn't be that good.

Yeah I agree with that. Ideally you want it done over time, in good times and bad. If it was just something you do after a bad year with a non contracted manager it wouldn't be that good.
It's not really that needed though. Fan satisfaction with on field matters is easy to judge. And if anything it's a terrible thing to use when making decisions. Look at Southampton who caved to their fans who wanted better football played and sacked Puel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back