The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
QF will be against Brazil or Germany. If you say we're expected to beat them, you may as well say we should win the whole thing.
Ok tough QF. I think France are the favourites - France, Argentina, Spain, Brazil, Germany and you as the outsider. Perhaps QF is where it will end but if you did pull of a win there then who knows.

We are definitely not progressing beyond the QF based on that. Getting to the QF would be something of an achievement. Some very good international teams around at the moment

J
"The 27-year-old could follow in the footsteps of Emlyn Hughes, Phil Thompson, Graeme Souness and Steven Gerrard with victory against Real Madrid in Kiev.

And if he had done that, he would have had the opportunity to become just the second man EVER to lift the European Cup and World Cup as captain in the same summer."

Wow.
all I’ll say to you is Greece 2004

"The 27-year-old could follow in the footsteps of Emlyn Hughes, Phil Thompson, Graeme Souness and Steven Gerrard with victory against Real Madrid in Kiev.

And if he had done that, he would have had the opportunity to become just the second man EVER to lift the European Cup and World Cup as captain in the same summer."

Wow.
lol

Don’t know much about the Liverpool echo but the article is probably tongue in cheek. No one here is under any illusion that England will win the World Cup, despite you all probably thinking we are

Don’t know much about the Liverpool echo but the article is probably tongue in cheek. No one here is under any illusion that England will win the World Cup, despite you all probably thinking we are
Round of 16 exit I reckon.

Wow.
Sergio Ramos says hello...

Wow.
Hahah I know, apparently by not being named England captain he has being denied the special achievement of lifting the European Cup and World Cup in the same year.

Just the minor problem of first winning the CL Final and then ... oh just winning the World Cup with a gash England side.

That is some awful .... well I cant call it journalism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to take anything away from that stat but this would be one of the weaker/inexperienced English squads going to a world cup I would have thought.
I think it’s a squad gearing them for Euro 2020 and the 2022 World Cup. Lots of young players.

Adebayor just about the laziest most nonchalant player I’ve ever seen at spurs. Talented yes, but his attitude was one of a petulant teenager.

Ok tough QF. I think France are the favourites - France, Argentina, Spain, Brazil, Germany and you as the outsider. Perhaps QF is where it will end but if you did pull of a win there then who knows.

We are definitely not progressing beyond the QF based on that. Getting to the QF would be something of an achievement. Some very good international teams around at the moment
France favs for the WC? French people I speak to say 'Non'. I suggested they could've learnt lessons from the last 2 WCs and was told they are still too arrogant a bunch to play as a team. Belgians are saying the same thing. I guess it could just be that everyone has too high expectations for rag-tag teams.

Brazil for me (predictably), against Spain (customary slow start). DDG to try his best, but Brazil's Phil-Firmino combo to win it. Smokey: Egypt knocking out Portugal and then Argentina. #MoDestiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back