The on topic thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't even remember that Dzeko was at Wolfsburg. First memory of him was when City were running around with Aguero, Tevez, Jovetic, Dzeko, Balotelli and Negredo. (I'm sure at one point 4 or 5 of those 6 were in the same squad for 1 or 2 seasons.)

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
Didn't even remember that Dzeko was at Wolfsburg. First memory of him was when City were running around with Aguero, Tevez, Jovetic, Dzeko, Balotelli and Negredo. (I'm sure at one point 4 or 5 of those 6 were in the same squad for 1 or 2 seasons.)
2013-14 had dzeko, jovetic, kun and negredo together. mario and tevez were already gone.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Dzeko was great at Wolfsburg! I actually used to watch the Bundesliga back then, him and Grafite was an unbelievable partnership.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Davide Astori has passed away suddenly at 31. Just tragic, just became a father too.
Reading that he passed away in his sleep while in the hotel room with his team mates preparing for todays game. It's tragic, and it's a monumental understatement to say how traumatic it must be for his team mates in the hotel, or if he was sharing a room with one of them.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
DXcYavyX0AUwGiW.jpg:large

even in tragedy the clickbait can't wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Reading that he passed away in his sleep while in the hotel room with his team mates preparing for todays game. It's tragic, and it's a monumental understatement to say how traumatic it must be for his team mates in the hotel, or if he was sharing a room with one of them.

Fiorentina confirmed that Marco Sportiello (the GK) was the last person to see him alive. You'd have to be a heartless w***er not to feel for him in circumstances like that.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
martin glenn of the fa has been on a mad one today.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...y-fa-chief-martin-glenn-over-political-symbol

We have re-written Law 4 of the game so that things like a poppy are okay but things that are going to be highly divisive, and that could be strong religious symbols, it could be the Star of David, it could the hammer and sickle, it could be a swastika, anything like Robert Mugabe on your shirt, these are the things we don't want.

"And, to be honest, and to be very clear, Pep Guardiola's yellow ribbon is a political symbol, it's a symbol of Catalan independence, and I can tell you there are many more Spaniards, non-Catalans, who are p****d off by it.

"All we are doing is even-handedly applying the laws of the game. Poppies are not political symbols, that yellow ribbon is. Where do you draw the line - should we have someone with a UKIP badge, someone with an ISIS badge?

"That's why you have to be pretty tough that local, regional, national party organisations cannot use football shirts to represent them.'

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Things like the yellow ribbon don't belong in football. By all means go and make a political protest but don't use football as a vehicle to do that, especially when you are a spokesman for Qatar 2022 and employed by those who jailed the likes of Mohamed Al-Roken for 10 years when speaking out against human rights abuse in Abu Dhabi.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Isn’t that disease detected at birth?

Depends. I lost a friend at 36 to a congenital heart disease which sees men absorb cholesterol at 10 times the normal rate. It isn't an issue when you are a child and only becomes an issue usually around mid to late twenties.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
Depends. I lost a friend at 36 to a congenital heart disease which sees men absorb cholesterol at 10 times the normal rate. It isn't an issue when you are a child and only becomes an issue usually around mid to late twenties.

Interesting, didn’t know that, but if his cholesterol was absorbing that quickly you’d think the club doctor would’ve noticed, these guys are always saving medical checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back