The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the red card for Gomes kicking out and the Mina elbow seconds prior to the Richarlison red that also should've been a red. You got a link to those?

You mean the incidents not even discussed? Nice stretch

You mean the incidents not even discussed? Nice stretch

Bit like the Robertson one theres nothing in it, just going off your logic they are reds and yes they were discussed.

Hilarious that you would even complain about the referee from that match. Everton fans must be the only fans anywhere that would complain about a referee that clearly did them a huge favour.

Bit like the Robertson one theres nothing in it, just going off your logic they are reds and yes they were discussed.

Hilarious that you would even complain about the referee from that match. Everton fans must be the only fans anywhere that would complain about a referee that clearly did them a huge favour.

No idea what you’re on about in regards to Gomes, but just checked the Mina “elbow” which was a fair headed challenge but then Mane petulantly tripped Mina, so would likely have been sent off for a second yellow if it wasn’t for Richarlison’s tackle.

Good pick up, considering you’re clearly all over it can you point me to Oliver’s comments on that too? Cheers.

No idea what you’re on about in regards to Gomes, but just checked the Mina “elbow” which was a fair headed challenge but then Mane petulantly tripped Mina, so would likely have been sent off for a second yellow if it wasn’t for Richarlison’s tackle.

Good pick up, considering you’re clearly all over it can you point me to Oliver’s comments on that too? Cheers.
He's making s**t up like usual

Be interested to see the impartial interview where he’s asked about Robertson kicking out at Allan too, don’t suppose you’ve got a link for that too?

You’re welcome to list every contentious decision that’s ever been made in the history Merseyside derbies if you have the time and inclination. :)

The only time I hear refsvor refs bodies publicly admit mistakes is when it goes against Liverpool or Man United.

Perhaps they dont mistakes against other teams. Or maybe the fact that they do feel it necessary to apologise for a decision against one of those two has an influence on their judgement at other times.

Maybe you just don't want to hear the other ones because it would diminish your "the world is against City" mindset.

Mike Riley came out last year and said David Silva should have had a penalty in a game against Leicester.

You’re welcome to list every contentious decision that’s ever been made in the history Merseyside derbies if you have the time and inclination. :)

Be careful, he used a bad tackle by Gerrard nearly 20 years ago as justification for Pickford taking out Van Dijk. We could be in for a world record length post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes absolutely.

But you'd also have a lot of "Thank God we don't have VAR" for close replays of potential offsides. I know I've had that thought when watching League Cup etc. with no VAR.

Although the flip side of that is some Hull goals have been flagged offside that have looked on where I've wished we had VAR.

Yes absolutely.

But you'd also have a lot of "Thank God we don't have VAR" for close replays of potential offsides. I know I've had that thought when watching League Cup etc. with no VAR.

Although the flip side of that is some Hull goals have been flagged offside that have looked on where I've wished we had VAR.
They should almost say you have to have no part of your body in line with the last defender to be offside. Feels like less grey area. Although I suppose if you had a finger in line with the last defender that would be just as annoying

Really? Now that we’ve experienced football with and without VAR, I wish it just goes back to old way and get rid of it, use it only for goal line decisions.

You dont have to scrap VAR, just run it properly.

In principal its a good thing, and every now and then you see what a great asset it could be. But Mike Riley isnt up to managing it, and the current crop of match officials arent up to using it.

People will want var if they see a million replays showing it was an error. Scrap the replays and scrap var and you'll be fine

Hiding mistakes is probably not the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back