The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reversing a 3-1 tie against Napoli, beating Barcelona and then Bayern.

Don't think you can call it a fluke when it happens 3 times. Onus was on those teams to beat us and they didn't.

The game is all about putting the ball in the onion bag more than the opposition, how you do it really doesn't matter.

A 1 off game you could fluke, but not a cup run.

Reversing a 3-1 tie against Napoli, beating Barcelona and then Bayern.

Don't think you can call it a fluke when it happens 3 times. Onus was on those teams to beat us and they didn't.

I think even the most ardent of Chelsea fans would admit that the semi final tie against Barcelona with a penalty missed plus countless sitters & the final v Bayern were massive flukes. The whole tournament wasn't though.

I think even the most ardent of Chelsea fans would admit that the semi final tie against Barcelona with a penalty missed plus countless sitters & the final v Bayern were massive flukes. The whole tournament wasn't though.

It was as much about the opposition choking as it was us getting lucky.

It's like, if we'd held on to our 2-0 lead against Arsenal would you say we fluked the FA Cup? It's almost the reverse of Chelsea. We fluked our way through the draw with easy-ish opponents (would still say Sunderland were at least a 50-50 prospect) but then fully deserved the 2-0 lead.

Sorry to disappoint you, not many Chelsea fans would actually. Every thing was controllable, there was no luck involved.

Every time you talk about Chelsea you embarress yourself. Get over your envy of our acheivements so you can move on from this unhealthy obsession.

If you think Chelsea fluked their UCL, what happened in 05?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to disappoint you, not many Chelsea fans would actually. Every thing was controllable, there was no luck involved.

Every time you talk about Chelsea you embarress yourself. Get over your envy of our acheivements so you can move on from this unhealthy obsession.

If you read the post properly you'd notice that I says the whole tournament wasn't a fluke. Just the semi & the final. Especially the semi final with a penalty missed and dozens of sitters not scored. That wasn't through good defensive organisation, that was blind luck IMO.

No unhealthy obsession, just joining in the topic that was being discussed. If that is deemed as an unhealthy obsession we may as well not discuss anything at all. Couldn't care less about Chelsea.

As for achievements I doubt Chelsea will get anywhere near what Liverpool has achieved in your life time so I really couldn't give a shit.

Does anyone really care if it was a fluke or not?

I'm sure most of us would accept a fluke champions league win without so much of a seconds regret that it wasnt a more dominant performance.

If you think Chelsea fluked their UCL, what happened in 05?

Benitez LFC win in 05 was probably some of the best tactical management we'll see ever in any football tournament with a bit of individual brilliance from Gerrard. The only game where we were outplayed and were lucky not to concede was away v Juve. Benitez was just too smart for Jose despite his superstar squad in the semis and I thought we were unlucky not to win the second leg by a bigger margin although Lampard did miss a sitter in the first leg.

Does anyone really care if it was a fluke or not?

I'm sure most of us would accept a fluke champions league win without so much of a seconds regret that it wasnt a more dominant performance.

Absolutely. Don't understand why some Chelsea fans get so worked up over someone saying the semi final win was a fluke. When Messi misses a penalty and countless easy chances it is a fluke. Torres scoring an actual goal confirmed the fluke.

They still won the thing at the end of the day and were good value for it over the entire tournament. Besides it was time for a new winner from England.

Benitez LFC win in 05 was probably some of the best tactical management we'll see ever in any football tournament with a bit of individual brilliance from Gerrard. The only game where we were outplayed and were lucky not to concede was away v Juve. Benitez was just too smart for Jose despite his superstar squad in the semis and I thought we were unlucky not to win the second leg by a bigger margin although Lampard did miss a sitter in the first leg.
So it's great tactics when it happens with Liverpool but a fluke for Chelsea.
K

Absolutely. Don't understand why some Chelsea fans get so worked up over someone saying the semi final win was a fluke. When Messi misses a penalty and countless easy chances it is a fluke. Torres scoring an actual goal confirmed the fluke.

They still won the thing at the end of the day and were good value for it over the entire tournament. Besides it was time for a new winner from England.

Probably because it wasn't a fluke, lucky yes, choke from the opposition yes but fluke no.

Flukes just not the right word.

I guess Pool fluked it in 05 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back