Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he gets knocked back on Thursday and has to watch his team lose from the stands, knowing that his complete *******tery contributed to it

Absurd ruling tonight. Charge is "unreasonable or unnecessary contact to the eye region." Zero evidence whatsoever. The bloke he did it to said he didn't touch his eye.

Completely a ruling on who he is not the incident

It's the player's code - Neale was never going to dob him in as an eye gouger. Same with Bontempelli the previous week. His testimony was vague enough to confirm there was contact in that region and that was all they needed, especially after what happened last week.

This is one area where I think we should ignore what the players say and examine the video evidence. There was a hand there, it was Greene's, and it was a deliberate action that was unreasonable and unnecessary. Done.

I thought if it was intentional and high, but negligible force, then there was no punishment.

Clearly it was intentional and high. Neale himself said it didn't hurt and had no hesitation to play on and play well. Clearly it was negligible force.

I'm expecting him to get off on appeal and get suspended again on Monday from doing it to a pies player

Regardless of where you stand on the Toby Greene decision, can we all just stand back and acknowledge what a massive peanut he is for getting himself in this situation in the first place?
Willie says hi

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

See what happens when you finish top 4.

Pies are completely gifted this game and an easy path into the grand final.

Home game at the MCG against a team with 1000 fans, possibly missing 2 of their best players. Imagine having that at Optus.
Collingwood finished 4th and played at home.

We wouldve played at the G or knowing the AFL at the last minute GMHBA.

Top 4 didnt help Brissy.

Collingwood finished 4th and played at home.

We wouldve played at the G or knowing the AFL at the last minute GMHBA.

Top 4 didnt help Brissy.

Yeah i think it would have gone

Week 1 vs Geelong a MCG

Lose that and we'd have a home game vs the winner of Pies vs Bombers, probably pies, last week at home.

Win that and we'd have a prelim this week against.... tigers at MCG?

Am i correct? Would love to have seen our finals series mapped out if we had held onto a top 4 spot.

Interesting reading the West today.Richmond said that having so many players out injured this year forced the club to play a lot of their squad.They played very well and put pressure on for spots with the result that they are heading into the finals with a head of steam.Mmmmm? Who does that remind you of?? What we did last year and what Richmond are doing this year should be the blueprint for anybody going forward.Keep the team fresh

Am i correct? Would love to have seen our finals series mapped out if we had held onto a top 4 spot.
We'd have finished 3rd and played Brisbane first up had we not cocked up the last round.

If we won that we'd be playing Geelong in a PF in Perth (assuming Richmond beat them in the first week like the pies did).

Considering how Brisbane went this finals series, this was a huge missed opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting reading the West today.Richmond said that having so many players out injured this year forced the club to play a lot of their squad.They played very well and put pressure on for spots with the result that they are heading into the finals with a head of steam.Mmmmm? Who does that remind you of?? What we did last year and what Richmond are doing this year should be the blueprint for anybody going forward.Keep the team fresh

Wish we did that a lot more when we had niggles to players like JK who could have had O Allen or Brander play in his place.

Wish we did that a lot more when we had niggles to players like JK who could have had O Allen or Brander play in his place.
Yeah, notionally we had a short injury list but we were playing a number of injured players. Hurn wasn't necessarily 100% with his hammy and neither was Hutch. Barass had a badly broken hand. JK had whatever leg issues that plagued him from pre-season. Who knows what else.

It's a hard call though- we managed to win 15 games and a final, so didn't do badly at all. Resting those players may have seen us lose more games in their absence.

See what happens when you finish top 4.

Pies are completely gifted this game and an easy path into the grand final.

Home game at the MCG against a team with 1000 fans, possibly missing 2 of their best players. Imagine having that at Optus.
Missing four of their best players.

Coniglio, Ward, Greene, Whitfield.

That’s a pretty handy midfield group.

Thanks for the link. Indeed that would be a massive coup for Fremantle if they managed to pull it off. Seems fanciful but who knows
Yeah sorry, thought I put it in the original post.
Can't see it happening but you never know, must be a reason why he's come in so much.
Personally I'd still like to see them get Brad Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back