MRP / Trib. The Patrick Parnell incident

Remove this Banner Ad

They showed on AFL360 all the incidents of sling tackles that resulted in a 4 week suspension and every single one of them was Against Adelaide.

Hamill, McHenry and now Parnell

Strange that all the victim players are from the same club. Are we perhaps not teaching our players what to do when tackled to avoid these type of incidents or is it purely coincidental?
Not excusing Broad or the other tacklers but collectively we're little, light and weak

We get ragdolled a lot

Whilst I have been one of our biggest critics of lack of aggression over the years - I highly doubt opposition teams are planning to 'Sling Crows Players into the Ground as they won't retaliate' prior to matches.

Tex Walker plays for us and he has been one of the biggest culprits of the sling tackle ffs, has been suspended 3 times for memory over it.
Tex changed his tackling method to guide the player down, rather than slamming them.

Watching some of the replay now.

Only Sloane and one other player briefly (can't see who it was) bothered to get around Parnell. Sloane also walked with him as the trainers were helping him off the ground.

Something that you see with a few teams such as Geelong and Collingwood - if a player gets injured, the whole team goes over to check on them, give support, etc.

Nicks should be absolutely filthy with the players over that, especially as the tackle would have been shown on the big screens.

They showed on AFL360 all the incidents of sling tackles that resulted in a 4 week suspension and every single one of them was Against Adelaide.

Strange that all the victim players are from the same club. Are we perhaps not teaching our players what to do when tackled to avoid these type of incidents or is it purely coincidental?
I think it's a combination of light body and not being taught to dispose of the ball when sweated off. I believe they are told to take ownership and not let go, cause a ball up and hope to win the clearance. This is wrong. Parnell needed to tap the ball to Sloane behind him. It should be instinctual, we should never allow ourselves to be tied up. Move the ball at all costs. Most likely Broad would have tackled Parnell without the ball and given away a free.

Disrespectful...
A man should be proud to have a tattoo of his mum.😜
Dane swan did of his great great grandfather Sam Newman.....lol

1411692828866_wps_24_AFL_player_Dane_Swan_show.jpg

Only Sloane and one other player briefly (can't see who it was) bothered to get around Parnell. Sloane also walked with him as the trainers were helping him off the ground.

Something that you see with a few teams such as Geelong and Collingwood - if a player gets injured, the whole team goes over to check on them, give support, etc.

Nicks should be absolutely filthy with the players over that, especially as the tackle would have been shown on the big screens.
It wasn't replayed at all at the match. I didn't catch the initial incident fully at the time, and due to no one retaliating, didn't know it was Broad until sometime later. Extremely disappointed with the lack of flying the flag.

It wasn't replayed at all at the match. I didn't catch the initial incident fully at the time, and due to no one retaliating, didn't know it was Broad until sometime later. Extremely disappointed with the lack of flying the flag.
Yes extremely disappointing to see no response. We need to make it uncomfortable for Broad next game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it’s we have been very very young for several years and we have picked some light small players. Perfect team to try and intimidate

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wasn’t shown on the big screens. No replay whatsoever at the ground. Was really annoying

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back