The Perth Thread - Part 4

That Ben Harvey makes me want to spread his nose all over his face, with a chainsaw. Nearly as smug and smartarsey as the current excuse of a PM and that's saying something.

Missus has worked with PCH in the past and absolutely hates Telethon (despite being a very philanthropic person in general). The reasons are many but a lot of it is

- A lot of time in the lead up actually negatively affects the hospital day to day, things like camera crews and celebs in the way
- Not all the money goes to PCH, a few others get a piece of the pie for better or worse
- The government donating money is kind of backwards, just fund the thing properly.

Among many other reasons.

---------------------

As to why it has taken off, my guess is that given the current climate in regards to businesses having to be more than just business and have some kind of corporate social responsibility as well. Helping the sick kids is a nice easy way to do that

---------------------

I only caught a few minutes of Telethon this year (around 6.30pm on the Sunday) and it was nice to see Baz make a few boneheaded words as per usual as well as the Rio Tinto guy slowrolling with a donation of

"12 million dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....................... over three years".

This mandatory vaccination stuff will get interesting for State Daddy.

Alot of those in G1 would have voted for him & wont be happy.

just means there will be lots of jobs going

Problem is that a lot of these guys are essential to the mining industry eg fitters et al, so it will be really interesting to see what employers do.
Most of these guys still live pay packet to pay packet even when they are on big bucks. Most won't have any savings and they will be lining up for a vaccine pretty quickly.

Problem is that a lot of these guys are essential to the mining industry eg fitters et al, so it will be really interesting to see what employers do.

Unfortunately for the anti-vaxers, if they catch covid and spread it around their workplace, those that catch it can take legal action against the employer for creating an unsafe working environment and will win. The companies will protect their arses before bowing to a bunch of knob heads.

just means there will be lots of jobs going
People will whinge and moan but the vast majority will fall in line.Common sense will prevail when a paycheck is threatened.
As for the mining industry there are tons of intrusions on your personal as it is with mandatory d n' a ,mandatory ppe, mandatory temprature testing mandatory narcs with eyes on everyone making sure you walk in the designated walk ways,don't take off your gloves don't take off your safety glasses etc then you have to watch your mouth at all times and all the other ohs you have to fall in line with to get paid the big bucks.It is a very controlled work environment at the best of times.The people who leave if there are any will be the people who are gonna leave anyway.

Last edited:
People will whinge and moan but the vast majority will fall in line.Comman sense will prevail when a paycheck is threatened.
As for the mining industry there are tons of intrusions on your personal as it is with mandatory d n' a ,mandatory ppe, mandatory temprature testing mandatory narcs with eyes on everyone making sure you walk in the designated walk ways,don't take off your gloves don't take off your safety glasses etc and all the other ohs you have to fall in line with to get paid the big bucks.It is a very controlled work environment at the best of times.The people who leave if there are any will be the people who are gonna leave anyway.

Which reminds me of the 'bodily autonomy' argument when it comes to vaccines - BHP can dismiss you on the spot if you come into work drunk, anyone ever claimed 'bodily autonomy' on that one, saying they infringed your human right to get shitfaced?

Your bodily autonomy extends as far as the bodily autonomy of the person next to you.

Most of these guys still live pay packet to pay packet even when they are on big bucks. Most won't have any savings and they will be lining up for a vaccine pretty quickly.
I know mate.

I did the fifo lyfe.

You havent lived life till youve had a fitter explain to you that he bought 2 1.5m adult appendages so he could have a sword fight with his mates

Back