dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
Someone floated the idea of having a thread for mock drafts which I thought was a good one. Mods - I'll leave it to you to decide if you think it's fine to have two threads but I think it would be useful.

I keep a rolling one going and will probably release the whole thing closer to the draft, but for now it'd be cool to see what other people are thinking (in a more organised thread). Here are my first 40:

#1: BRIS - Luke Davies-Uniacke
#2: FREM - Paddy Dow
#3: CARL - Cameron Rayner
#4: NTH - Adam Cerra
#5: FREM - Andrew Brayshaw
#6: COLL - Nick Coffield
#7: STK - Jaidyn Stephenson
#8: STK - Aiden Bonar
#9: WB - Hunter Clark
#10: CARL - Noah Balta

#11: GWS - Ed Richards
#12: ADEL - Aaron Naughton
#13: WCE - Oscar Allen
#14: SYD - Charlie Constable
#15: BRIS - Jack Higgins
#16: WB - Nathan Murphy
#17: RICH - Jarrod Brander
#18: BRIS - Matthew Ling
#19: GCS - Darcy Fogarty
#20: RICH - Lochie O'Brien

#21: RICH - Patrick Naish (Matching WCE Bid)
#22: WCE - Jordan Houlahan
#23: GEEL - Sam Taylor
#24: NTH - Lachlan Fogarty
#25: GEEL - Gryan Miers
#26: GWS - Nick Shipley (Matching WCE Bid)
#27: WCE - Tim Kelly
#28: GWS - Charlie Spargo
#29: MELB - Charlie Ballard
#30: CARL - Zac Bailey

#31: MELB - Toby Wooller
#32: WCE - Sam Hayes
#33: SYD - Brandon Starcevich
#34: STK - Dylan Moore
#35: GEEL - Jackson Ross
#36: MELB - Riley Stoddart
#37: WCE - Joel Garner
#38: BRIS - Connor Ballenden (Matching COLL Bid)
#39: COLL - Harrison Petty
#40: ADEL - Andrew McPherson

Tear it apart/post your own

Probably haven't done enough research myself to go past the first round, my first 17 I think will be:

#1: BRIS - LDU
#2: FREM - Dow
#3: CARL - Rayner
#4: NTH - Cerra
#5: FREM - Fogarty
#6: COLL - Coffield
#7: STK - Stephenson
#8: STK - Brayshaw
#9: WB - Bonar
#10: CARL - Brander
#11: GWS - Higgins
#12: ADEL - Naughton
#13: WCE - Clark
#14: SYD - Constable
#15: BRIS - O'Brien
#16: WB - Murphy
#17: RICH - Allen

Probably haven't done enough research myself to go past the first round, my first 17 I think will be:

#1: BRIS - LDU
#2: FREM - Dow
#3: CARL - Rayner
#4: NTH - Cerra
#5: FREM - Fogarty
#6: COLL - Coffield
#7: STK - Stephenson
#8: STK - Brayshaw
#9: WB - Bonar
#10: CARL - Brander
#11: GWS - Higgins
#12: ADEL - Naughton
#13: WCE - Clark
#14: SYD - Constable
#15: BRIS - O'Brien
#16: WB - Murphy
#17: RICH - Allen

Fogarty is the real unknown for me, if Freo don't take him at 5 I could see him sliding a fair way.

A lot of phantom drafts seem to have the Eagles taking a tall player such as Allen with their first pick. Given that we need midfielders, and preferably a strong ,inside type in my opinion, it doesn't make any sense !

A lot of phantom drafts seem to have the Eagles taking a tall player such as Allen with their first pick. Given that we need midfielders, and preferably a strong ,inside type in my opinion, it doesn't make any sense !

Allen played in the guts for West Perth.

Someone floated the idea of having a thread for mock drafts which I thought was a good one. Mods - I'll leave it to you to decide if you think it's fine to have two threads but I think it would be useful.

I keep a rolling one going and will probably release the whole thing closer to the draft, but for now it'd be cool to see what other people are thinking (in a more organised thread). Here are my first 40:

#1: BRIS - Luke Davies-Uniacke
#2: FREM - Paddy Dow
#3: CARL - Cameron Rayner
#4: NTH - Adam Cerra
#5: FREM - Andrew Brayshaw
#6: COLL - Nick Coffield
#7: STK - Jaidyn Stephenson
#8: STK - Aiden Bonar
#9: WB - Hunter Clark
#10: CARL - Noah Balta

#11: GWS - Ed Richards
#12: ADEL - Aaron Naughton
#13: WCE - Oscar Allen
#14: SYD - Charlie Constable
#15: BRIS - Jack Higgins
#16: WB - Nathan Murphy
#17: RICH - Jarrod Brander
#18: BRIS - Matthew Ling
#19: GCS - Darcy Fogarty
#20: RICH - Lochie O'Brien

#21: RICH - Patrick Naish (Matching WCE Bid)
#22: WCE - Jordan Houlahan
#23: GEEL - Sam Taylor
#24: NTH - Lachlan Fogarty
#25: GEEL - Gryan Miers
#26: GWS - Nick Shipley (Matching WCE Bid)
#27: WCE - Tim Kelly
#28: GWS - Charlie Spargo
#29: MELB - Charlie Ballard
#30: CARL - Zac Bailey

#31: MELB - Toby Wooller
#32: WCE - Sam Hayes
#33: SYD - Brandon Starcevich
#34: STK - Dylan Moore
#35: GEEL - Jackson Ross
#36: MELB - Riley Stoddart
#37: WCE - Joel Garner
#38: BRIS - Connor Ballenden (Matching COLL Bid)
#39: COLL - Harrison Petty
#40: ADEL - Andrew McPherson

Tear it apart/post your own
Seems like just about the worst outcome for the eagles. I midfielder with a few potential mids plus a lanky weak kpf/ ruck

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Great idea dajesmac

Will get around to posting my first 2 rounds.

FWIW looking at your draft I think Hayes getting to 32 is a pipe dream.

Agree that I think he will slide into the 20’s but I can’t see GWS or Melbourne missing him with their picks between our 26 and 32

Great idea dajesmac

Will get around to posting my first 2 rounds.

FWIW looking at your draft I think Hayes getting to 32 is a pipe dream.

Agree that I think he will slide into the 20’s but I can’t see GWS or Melbourne missing him with their picks between our 26 and 32

Yeah you are probably right although the Giants may need those picks to match bids. I actually didn't do that because I'm particularly keen I actually just have that as a bit of a prediction. The Blues at 30 is also a distinct possibility.

Oscar Allen is listed as 193cms on the WAFL page not 191 like other sites.

I noticed that too but he was referred to as 191 on the AFL site from memory and I wondered if that was the draft combine result? Or it could be old data.

Seems like just about the worst outcome for the eagles. I midfielder with a few potential mids plus a lanky weak kpf/ ruck

I disagree, I'd be pretty happy with it. Houlahan in particular I think has a lot of potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree, I'd be pretty happy with it. Houlahan in particular I think has a lot of potential.
The only reason I want Houlahan on our list is so we can get Go Eagles back on board! Those were the halcyon days weren't they? Crazy angle running, wasn't it?

The only reason I want Houlahan on our list is so we can get Go Eagles back on board! Those were the halcyon days weren't they? Crazy angle running, wasn't it?
Crazy subtle angles. :)

As a mid?

Not necessarily, but I think we need to balance our need for midfielders with a desire to pick the best available talent. We also need quality forwards.

A preference to pick more than one 'pure mid' is fair enough - my phantom is more predictive than just a list of what I want. I would still be happy with that mix of players though on the basis that Allen is viewed as a midfielder/forward.

Not necessarily, but I think we need to balance our need for midfielders with a desire to pick the best available talent. We also need quality forwards.

A preference to pick more than one 'pure mid' is fair enough - my phantom is more predictive than just a list of what I want. I would still be happy with that mix of players though on the basis that Allen is viewed as a midfielder/forward.
Yes we do need quality forwards but probably a medium forward would be at the bottom of the list.

Yes we do need quality forwards but probably a medium forward would be at the bottom of the list.

I think we need a LeCras replacement. Hill, Lamb and Tunbridge are all gone.

I think we need a LeCras replacement. Hill, Lamb and Tunbridge are all gone.
Ok.if he's talented sure but why on earth do we need to replace lamb and tunbridge.maybe waterman,allen,venebles in the short term will do that

Ok.if he's talented sure but why on earth do we need to replace lamb and tunbridge.maybe waterman,allen,venebles in the short term will do that

We don't, I just mean the log jam of medium forwards we did have is now gone.

Waterman seems good enough. We don't know if MAllen will ever play a game for us. Venables is ideally a midfield prospect. I think we could do with another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back