The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

You can find melts about Simmons winning it, in the same way you can find melts about any topic in the history of the universe on the internet.

Usually from people that haven't spent a minute analysing the very thing they're commenting on. Ain't interested in giving time to that s**t.

Aight, now that the Lebron stuff is out of the way, normal realistic off season can return. Well, pending any Kawhi stuff.

Think we just end up taking it easy and signing JJ to a multi year deal, Kyle O'Quinn to take Amir's spot and hopefully Wayne Ellington to come off the bench as a sniper and just continue to grow the guys we have.

Aight, now that the Lebron stuff is out of the way, normal realistic off season can return. Well, pending any Kawhi stuff.

Think we just end up taking it easy and signing JJ to a multi year deal, Kyle O'Quinn to take Amir's spot and hopefully Wayne Ellington to come off the bench as a sniper and just continue to grow the guys we have.
I’m happy with JJ Oquinn and either Tyreke or Avery Bradley for 1 year deals with whatever is left.. won’t be much cash left league wide now..

Ellington is an elite sharpshooter but same issues with Bellineli in playoffs

Euro WC Qualifiers have got Dario and Kormaz playing. Dario had a 22/12/5 in his last game and Kork's dropped 44 in his first two - coming to play SL before heading back up. Pasecniks meanwhile managed 11 minutes and 2 points, and just another waste of what ended up being a really good asset to have.

All in on Zhaire though. Gonna come in and guard 1-3 from day one. Makes Cov's life easier where he's more of an elite team defender.

Ellington is an elite sharpshooter but same issues with Bellineli in playoffs

Don't have to hide Ellington on D, and can use him against multiple positions. Much improved there at Miami then when he first started his career. Plus useful as an offball cutter.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them go after Korver either, though the partial guarantee might complicate things a bit to clear the max slot.

The market to trade for Kawhi just flatlined.

Redick had em over a barrel when they didn't get LeBron. He probably would have signed the MLE had they got him, but $13M is better than I expected.

$14M left in cap space + $8.6M Mid Level. Cursory glance at Ellington on Twitter seems to suggest he'll stay in Miami. Probably look at Bradley, though that off-court stuff is not great. Bjelica becoming an UFA might be viewed as an Ersan replacement. Jamal Crawford seems likely too, though I'd much rather see them use a roster spot on Shamet.

Bolden still has a buyout with Tel Aviv, not playing in SL. Either he gets traded or they bring him into the 20-man roster and let him compete for his spot.

Traded for Wilson Chandler on about 12 million into space.. nabbed a second round pick and a second round pick swap also..

Basically operating with no room in cap space now so maybe a mid level exception available..

Chandler can play still (started a ton of games for Denver) and his salary can be re routed in a trade as salary filler easily.. I’m quite happy with the deal and think chandler could work on the court or in a trade..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only have the room MLE left (4.5). Maybe used on O'Quinn or bringing Amir back.
Few centres I might be keen on:
Brook Lopez
Kyle Oquinn
Alex Len

These 3 are all better than Amir Johnson next year I believe.. Brook adds shooting as an added bonus and could spot start for us when Embiid is rested/injured..

Len could be a handy backup that rebounds blocks shots and is a big body, Oquinn is a grizzly vet that offers two way competence..

Amir is such a zero on offence and his D is great positionally but those wheels are getting more and more ratchety every year

Few centres I might be keen on:
Brook Lopez
Kyle Oquinn
Alex Len

These 3 are all better than Amir Johnson next year I believe.. Brook adds shooting as an added bonus and could spot start for us when Embiid is rested/injured..

Len could be a handy backup that rebounds blocks shots and is a big body, Oquinn is a grizzly vet that offers two way competence..

Amir is such a zero on offence and his D is great positionally but those wheels are getting more and more ratchety every year

Would love Brook, and we could have entertained that if we had the full MLE. But he probably doesn't come here on the room exception, when he could use up the rest of the Lakers cap space, something like $5.5M, and get a starting role.

Could stretch out Bayless to get more cap space, but they really shouldn't.

that's a different issue with Harden and Paul.

Fultz and Ben are not great catch and shoot players which limits them off the ball. Players defending Fultz and Ben can over help which allows the others run shooters off the 3's.
Fultz was a great catch and shoot player in college That is why Philly traded up to draft him. He seemed the perfect fit with his combination of penetration and shooting skills. If he regains his former touch he might yet still be the perfect player to compliment embid and Simmons

Fultz was a great catch and shoot player in college That is why Philly traded up to draft him. He seemed the perfect fit with his combination of penetration and shooting skills. If he regains his former touch he might yet still be the perfect player to compliment embid and Simmons
I never saw play in college.

Never saw any catch and shots at the pros but that’s most likely because of the injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back