The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

At least we fought to the last second.

Turn overs are really frustrating though. If we could even cut them down to 14 or 15 per game we would've won more games.

Hopefully that comes with experience. Hopefully.

More comfortable that the Achilles Heel of the team is turnovers, that I would be if it were anything else, that's a team progression fix. At the same time, Dipo and Bojan went 5-32, an outlier performance. Pacers are a better team, to the point where you wouldn't want them in the first round.

It's now or never for Fultz too, and his shot looks good enough where I'd probably be more concerned if they didn't play him. With the tanking schedule ahead, it's a pretty perfect time to integrate him back.

Crap start.
Quality middle quarters, really impressed by the shooting and movement. Pacers were off their game also.

But again, turnovers and poor decisions cost us. Indiana are the better team no doubt, but we don't give ourselves a chance much of the time.
Why shoot quick 3's in the fourth so often? Why shoot for 3 to tie the game with ~25 sec left off one foot, and then take a 2pt dunk from Embiid next play anyway? In the end we were lucky to still have a chance to tie it up and they defended it well. But doesn't make sense.

Wizards lose also so they stay close but I would fear Pacers the most out of the clump of teams from 3rd to 8th.

We are top 8 in 3 of the 4 offensive factors:
8th Effective FG%
3rd OREB %
8th FT/FGA %

This gives me some positivity about the long term future of our offence.. however we are last in the league in TO%.. a young team with 2 non shooting PGs running the team can lead to more TOS as they try to force things.. If we can clean this up we will be fine but don’t know about our chances of winning a series this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back