Outlook Rocky: he likes an expensive Tawny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I must say, I find the logic that a player's girlfriend being a new mum will determine where he plays, very amusing.
The flipside is hundreds of pages criticising teenage boys for not being manly enough to move interstate, yet a young woman apparently needs her mum to raise a baby.
People have been raising babies since the beginning of time. Amazingly, this is something that you can do yourself at home, without a team of relatives. It used to be called parenting, and I'm almost certain it still goes on today. In the unfortunate case where a parent can't manage to look after their own child, the modern day professional athlete can often afford day care, nannies etc. Most places also have 'mothers' clubs for support, especially where they are involved at an organisation that has up to 20 other young mums.
Now consider for a second, particularly at a club like Brisbane, where a significant number of our players and staff come from interstate, how they all manage starting a family with their mothers living in Victoria, Perth, Adelaide, Hobart etc.

The idea that Tom will most likely stay here, because his girlfriend's mum lives here is pretty funny to me. It may be a benefit, but not a deciding factor, surely.

Forget the parents. If my first grandkid arrives and is almost immediately moved half a country away I'll be pissed. I want the fun of patenting without the responsibility and once they get established they don't always come back.

In my opinion she (Rocky's Mrs) doesn't have much say in where he will be next season. She'll go where he wants to go. That doing best for family thing is a bit of a line IMO.

In my opinion she (Rocky's Mrs) doesn't have much say in where he will be next season. She'll go where he wants to go. That doing best for family thing is a bit of a line IMO.

Her job is cook, clean and look after the kid right? :rolleyes:

Forget the parents. If my first grandkid arrives and is almost immediately moved half a country away I'll be pissed. I want the fun of patenting without the responsibility and once they get established they don't always come back.
Not sure if that enters the decision making process for professionals, but in saying that, I believe baby Jack's other grandparents still live in Victoria.;)

Well they're partners, so she should have a big say.
That said, I'm not sure if Tom subscribes to modern values, and you might be right.

Let's be honest. The wife has all the power.

Let's be honest. That only gets rolled out on BF because posters can't bear the thought of a player being even partially responsible for leaving their club and would rather pin it on a woman's wiles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to break this to you Gadzorks but you don't hold the baby patent. ;)

I must say, I find the logic that a player's girlfriend being a new mum will determine where he plays, very amusing.
The flipside is hundreds of pages criticising teenage boys for not being manly enough to move interstate, yet a young woman apparently needs her mum to raise a baby.
People have been raising babies since the beginning of time. Amazingly, this is something that you can do yourself at home, without a team of relatives. It used to be called parenting, and I'm almost certain it still goes on today. In the unfortunate case where a parent can't manage to look after their own child, the modern day professional athlete can often afford day care, nannies etc. Most places also have 'mothers' clubs for support, especially where they are involved at an organisation that has up to 20 other young mums.
Now consider for a second, particularly at a club like Brisbane, where a significant number of our players and staff come from interstate, how they all manage starting a family with their mothers living in Victoria, Perth, Adelaide, Hobart etc.

The idea that Tom will most likely stay here, because his girlfriend's mum lives here is pretty funny to me. It may be a benefit, but not a deciding factor, surely.
Might be worth a discussion with Bryce Gibbs & where the pressure is coming from for him to go back to Adelaide with a 1st family addition last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back