Opinion The Race for Pick #1 - It's ours (almost... again....)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So can North potentially have 1 and 2 if McKay leaves?

Theoretically, yes, if he gets band 1. It can be orchestrated like Brisbane did with Daniher to avoid doing a trade. They gave him $1m a year for 3 years then after he moved over they negotiated an extension for something like 7 years on i think it was reported around 600-700k. In terms of TPP his contract would still be $1m for years 1, 2 and 3 but the remaining years would be significantly less.

The AFL hasn't made this illegal since then as far as I am aware.

On a negative note, it would mean we wouldn't be able to bring in any mature free agents into the club over the pre-season if he does go that way as it would impact the compensation.

On a negative note, it would mean we wouldn't be able to bring in any mature free agents into the club over the pre-season if he does go that way as it would impact the compensation.
It just has to be until the end of the FA period right?
The can be signed as DFAs after that?

If we get Pick 1 it will reap a genuine number 1 . Not some wanna be 1 that was actually 5or 6 .. exciting times ahead . It’s all falling into place . Right coach with right picks . Here we go ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We couldn’t beat * , WCE, Dawks, pretty much every side
Where are you getting this idea we are finishing the season with a win?
Nah mate I don't think we are good enough to win,I was more saying now a gem has fallen in our lap and some freak of nature moment we somehow get the 1 meaningless win we don't want

Nah mate I don't think we are good enough to win,I was more saying now a gem has fallen in our lap and some freak of nature moment we somehow get the 1 meaningless win we don't want
We have pick one, short of GC17 forfeiting the game we won’t win

If we get Pick 1 it will reap a genuine number 1 . Not some wanna be 1 that was actually 5or 6 .. exciting times ahead . It’s all falling into place . Right coach with right picks . Here we go ..
I think it's a new low for this once great Club. Not a spoon for nearly 50 years and this shit show.

FWIW - I reckon we were getting Reid regardless.

We need to restore some pride in the joint and beat GC next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back