Opinion The Race for Pick #1 - It's ours (almost... again....)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax about one dude. He is not the second comming and our win is worth so much more than you think to our players and the feeling of encouragement for this years off-season and pre-season.

And lets just say he is so highly rated by our footy department, we will probably do a deal with west coast. We might drop our 16th pick for it, but if we are getting NGA access its likely that we will do a bit of finergeling with next years picks to get the points for him - we are in the strongest position to trade with WC based on the curtin pick and having another pick for them prior to Fremantle's first pick.

What team loses for 20 games in a row including twice to Essendon under 10 points, loses a game with too many interchange substitution, to WCE, lose Cunners send off, JZ send off, Good Friday and then when they finally are better off losing one more game win and miss out on the highest rated draft pick since the inception of the national league draft.

A pick that would have been selected LAST year ahead of Sheezel and Ashcroft as number 1.

And we are celebrating that winning against an abysmal Gold Cost in Tassie means something.

Are the players going to have more belief next year because we pipped GC in Tassie? We only lost 20 instead of 21?

This isn’t Rayner over LDU which was splitting hairs its insane how far ahead reid is from the pack.

And if we try and trade up to number one to get him now at the very least costs us Ports pick and probably more.

And the McKay compo goes from 2-3.

I get we won might as well celebrate, ok. But you will be watching Reid dominate for 12 years.

Imagine the impact he would have had on memberships, kids jumpers, crowds, tv exposure etc.

It is what it is we won, but we are much much worse off from it that is undeniable. I question if Clarko had of been as ruthless as he once was this IF this would have happened. I don’t reckon it would have.
* off

What team loses for 20 games in a row including twice to Essendon under 10 points, loses a game with too many interchange substitution, to WCE, lose Cunners send off, JZ send off, Good Friday and then when they finally are better off losing one more game win and miss out on the highest rated draft pick since the inception of the national league draft.

A pick that would have been selected LAST year ahead of Sheezel and Ashcroft as number 1.

And we are celebrating that winning against an abysmal Gold Cost in Tassie means something.

Are the players going to have more belief next year because we pipped GC in Tassie? We only lost 20 instead of 21?

This isn’t Rayner over LDU which was splitting hairs its insane how far ahead reid is from the pack.

And if we try and trade up to number one to get him now at the very least costs us Ports pick and probably more.

I get we won might as well celebrate, ok. But you will be watching Reid dominate for 12 years.

Imagine the impact he would have had on memberships, kids jumpers, crowds, tv exposure etc.

It is what it is we won, but we are much much worse off from it that is undeniable. I question if Clarko had of been as ruthless as he once was this IF this would of happened. I don’t reckon it would have.
We'll get reid if we want him. No doubt.

Was hoping crows would throw in a tank, they move up 4 draft spots with this win. From 6 to 9. Considering the quality in the top ~6-7 could be a big 'loss' for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon they’re enjoying themselves a whole bunch more than you are, ya sour dufous.
They will be laughing at WCE about how we could have made a mess of that like we did.
So is the rest of the football world.

It is what it is we won, but we are much much worse off from it that is undeniable. I question if Clarko had of been as ruthless as he once was this IF this would of happened. I don’t reckon it would have.
Change that 'Roos' in your username to 'Harley.' Then give yourself an uppercut

The Eagles will flag their intention to get Reid and watch the suitors line up, to do otherwise is madness. We will probably have three first rounders and are (surely!) in the best position to get a trade done.

Question is, how much are we willing to give up?

The thing that is catching my eye is the talk about Reid isn't 'oh wow he's amazing', I'm seeing quiet nods and a degree resignment. Recently I had the good fortune of speaking to a bunch of kids in this years draft and not a single one of them thought it was as something that was up for debate. A couple of them even spoke about how they played against him like it was something special.

I'm loathe to throw multiple picks at a player, this time though I think we have to make an exception. Pick 2 plus <...>. What is that second thing that will get the deal done I wonder 🤔

They will be laughing at WCE about how we could have made a mess of that like we did.
So is the rest of the football world.
Mate. You need to have a rest. North supporters only on this board. Clearly you are not one of us. Stop whining and come back next year when you have obtained some perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back