Unofficial Preview Praccy Match 2 Vs Saints - This time it’s serious

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Sunday week we play the saints, who I assume will be fielding their strongest possible lineup, in a test that promises to be harder than the VFL pies.

Hopefully we see Scott, Corr and McDonald back at a minimum. Maybe Comben as well.

NorthBall will be put to the test against a team that is very good at pressure. If its successful against them we are in for a better than expected year but I do fear we will struggle with turnovers.

It will also be good to see Dawson and Pink up against King, Membrey and Owens. Not sure who gets first crack at King but it should be revealing nonetheless.

LDU was a one man army destroying the saints out of the middle last time. And the drug cheats seemed to be well on top I’m that area today, so that one area we might do ok in.

Gonna be interesting.

So Sunday week we play the saints, who I assume will be fielding their strongest possible lineup, in a test that promises to be harder than the VFL pies.

Hopefully we see Scott, Corr and McDonald back at a minimum. Maybe Comben as well.

NorthBall will be put to the test against a team that is very good at pressure. If its successful against them we are in for a better than expected year but I do fear we will struggle with turnovers.

It will also be good to see Dawson and Pink up against King, Membrey and Owens. Not sure who gets first crack at King but it should be revealing nonetheless.

LDU was a one man army destroying the saints out of the middle last time. And the drug cheats seemed to be well on top I’m that area today, so that one area we might do ok in.

Gonna be interesting.

Comben v King could be an interesting learning experience

Gonna be interesting.
Been a while since I have been to Moorabbin oval. Last time we were less than a goal down deep into Q4 and the nice St Kilda supporters had been particularly abusive for most of the day, so when Jose Romero got a ball in the clear about 70 metres out and took off like a rocket towards the open goal we amped up our responses to the abuse with some fine retorts, and we naturally fist pumped with each bounce Jose took. He was going to make the match winning goal a certainty. An absolute sitter.

If only the siren didn't blare out half a second before he snagged it :(

Been a while since I have been to Moorabbin oval. Last time we were less than a goal down deep into Q4 and the nice St Kilda supporters had been particularly abusive for most of the day, so when Jose Romero got a ball in the clear about 70 metres out and took off like a rocket towards the open goal we amped up our responses to the abuse with some fine retorts, and we naturally fist pumped with each bounce Jose took. He was going to make the match winning goal a certainty. An absolute sitter.

Last time I was there I saw a player who has groin issues the past 2 years explode ready to be the best player in the game again. But, you know, BBQ's.

Last time I was at morrabbin I was training for vic metro and Tim Watson took a break from failing as the saints coach to watch us. And one of my team mates kicked the footy into his head.

Gonna be interesting.
They just demolished * without Crouch or Sinclair.

Its going to be a hard match-up and there will be a lot of elite runners gracing the field.

Yup, I was there, the siren went just before he kicked it!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup, I was there, the siren went just before he kicked it!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I reckon he had 3 bounces. If only had kicked a second earlier.

His kick did go through too, and there were a few seconds of silence until everyone worked out what had happened. Then the tirade of utter abuse was heaped upon any and every North supporter.

And we were just on our way home from the airport in a taxi after a couple of months in Indo when we spotted my wife's parents driving on Nepean Hwy on their way to the match. So we had our bags and crap with us so a quick exit wasn't easy.

Feral ground. Feral supporters.

Last time l was there l saw Plugger kick 11.9 or something stupid on the team of the century full-back, and learnt many new words and phrases.

Ouch

I have no words for what apparently were the toilet " facilities "

I am sure Nate7 won't be happy to hear this as they had nothing at AIA on Wednesday and it sounds like RSEA might be similar. I just hope they don't have electronic signage on the fence as that could result in some serious injuries (depending on the salt content of those utilising the "facilities").

Ouch

I am sure Nate7 won't be happy to hear this as they had nothing at AIA on Wednesday and it sounds like RSEA might be similar. I just hope they don't have electronic signage on the fence as that could result in some serious injuries (depending on the salt content of those utilising the "facilities").
'Arse Park" as we locals call it is a shithole, but not in the same light as Casey or AIA.

Just taking this opportunity once again to acknowledge how s**t it must be to support a club whose headquarters is not in their home.

St Kilda = not in St Kilda (Moorabbin)
Essendon = not in Essendon (Tullamarine)
Collingwood = not in Collingwood (Melbourne)
Hawthorn = not in Hawthorn (Waverley)

Ew.

Just taking this opportunity once again to acknowledge how s**t it must be to support a club whose headquarters is not in their home.

St Kilda = not in St Kilda (Moorabbin)
Essendon = not in Essendon (Tullamarine)
Collingwood = not in Collingwood (Melbourne)
Hawthorn = not in Hawthorn (Waverley)

Ew.

Moorabbin is St Kilda’s home.

It would be like saying Victoria Park isn’t technically Collingwoods home because it’s actually in Abbotsford.

Similar to Princess Park, it sits on the border of Carlton North and Parkville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back