Autopsy Match sim versus Pies. This Wednesday, 10am. AIA.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is an outrage if so.

We do.

True story. I haven’t ridden a bus since the teen years when I rode just as many porcelain buses.

Very impressed with the “match simulation” and “game scenario” wins. Nothing beats winning for a young group with so many n00bies.
This is why you’re the better mod.

It will be quite hot on the pavement outside the station today Filthy. Stay in the shade mate.

Thanks mate, got my visor on and the prescription sunnies are chained up.

I read that holding my breath as I waited for you to state, Dawson is a far far superior player than Ben Magoo . Which good judges would been in agreeance of course .
McKay is obviously, bigger, stronger, and a better mark. But when it comes to decision making, Dawson has already dished off and is running in support for a handball receive while McKay is still trying to figure out where to kick the ball.

After watching the game again l am happy with Simpkin playing on the forward line. He will remain a lot fresher thereby giving more added defensive pressure to the forward line plus his evasive skills we be an added bonus along with Curtis and Stephenson. When he was asked to rest there last season he was looking fatigued and often showed his frustration by silly off the ball issues. Definately a great move by Clarko.

I love that Northball is a thing. When the commentators and footy pundits start using it'll be confirmation that the North juggernaut has taken off. I reckon it is more likely based on Angeball than Bazball because Clarko is a keen follower of EPL developments.

Had to laugh when the Warlord said that you tackle harder in a practice match than an intra club game because it is the opposition and it helps with the intensity to go after the ball. Plenty of opposition players are going to find out the hard way from hereon in. The kid is an absolute weapon and a beast.

There is an air of confidence around the club that feels great. We've started our transition to become a force again. This year is going to be both frustrating and exciting, but there is a big bright light at the end of the tunnel we've been in for far too long. We're fitter, faster and more skilled than we have been for a long time. Change can happen surprisingly quickly when you get your ducks in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heath Younie's comments were warranted, but it begs the question of how we looked so badly prepared for the summer and eventually, the home and away season. We played some of the worst football against a WAFL side that literally handed the ball to us on the platter at almost every opportunity and all we could do is muster up a 3-goal win? * me senseless even Melbourne gave GWS and GC some trouble when they were s**t.

To this day, I don't know what the game plan was. We didn't know how to zone, we let opposition players simply jog away from their man easily for a quick outlet kick from a kick-in, we didn't know what to do after winning a centre clearance nor did we even know where to place the kick... it was just all falling apart rapidly. Who could forget the slow dinky kicks 50m from our defensive goal?

How can a team be absolutely gassed but their opposition barely broke a sweat? The worst thing was realising that we looked completely confused and directionless. Forget fitness and effort, when we can't even identify what the hell we are supposed to be doing, you done ****ed it up.

It took a tumour removal on whatever the game plan was from Patch Adams to get us playing actual footy.

Thankfully, we have a much better mix of coaches and we can actually go to games knowing our team will play with purpose and won't be rudderless.

Most importantly, for this footy club and it's supporter's sake, the club should NEVER EVER make its members and supporters go through that ever again. That record of 47+ point defeats hurt us and it damn near made blokes on here go insane. For me, I was already insane because northaholic-yolo. Never again, North. NEVER AGAIN.
Noble was worse than Neeld. Plus almost every off-field appointment was wrong. My God those lost years.

Last edited:
The biggest thing l took from the match sim was....how much we wasted 2 years in appointing David Noble!!

Even with Clarko's issues last year, this is year 2 of Clarkson and you can see the vision and how players have bought in...even year 1 of Clarkson, the direction was there and players needed to adjust to his gameplan after 2 years of rudderless direction from Noble.

The Saints are a great matchup for us to test our new style of footy.

They’re a team built around defence, so to see how we go breaking through will be interesting. Also they have speed to hurt you on the turnover through Hill, Wanganeen-Millera and Henry. Seeing how we defend that will be a good test.

Max King should be a good test for Dawson and Pink assuming he isn't carrying one of his perpetual niggles.

We held up well defensively against Collingwood, but a test against an occasionally elite KPF will be good for us.

The biggest thing l took from the match sim was....how much we wasted 2 years in appointing David Noble!!

Even with Clarko's issues last year, this is year 2 of Clarkson and you can see the vision and how players have bought in...even year 1 of Clarkson, the direction was there and players needed to adjust to his gameplan after 2 years of rudderless direction from Noble.
true, but wise man also say: coaching with talent - easy; coaching without talent - very farkin difficult

After watching replay, Powell really finished the game strongly, looks like a totally different player, movement wise, to last years model, with a bit of continuity, huge upside, hands and vision are elite.
Yep. I said elsewhere that it was a true 4 quarter game and it makes such a difference for other players to feed off.

true, but wise man also say: coaching with talent - easy; coaching without talent - very farkin difficult
True but coaching and planning to maximize the talent you have just wasn't in the job description l suppose!!!

Whatever the case is, 3 years of being the laughing stock l really hope this year is when the football goes 'Oh Shite!'

The Saints are a great matchup for us to test our new style of footy.

They’re a team built around defence, so to see how we go breaking through will be interesting. Also they have speed to hurt you on the turnover through Hill, Wanganeen-Millera and Henry. Seeing how we defend that will be a good test.
Yep, their end to end attack is strong of recent times and they don't give up, they'll keep pushing even if 30 points down and 10mins to go. A good matchup.

Yep, their end to end attack is strong of recent times and they don't give up, they'll keep pushing even if 30 points down and 10mins to go. A good matchup.
And Ross Lyon does like playing a good defensive game so it will interesting to see how our forwards play with more pressure being applied...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back