Autopsy 35 point loss vs. Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the happiest moments was seeing my Dad after the 99 GF put the front of the Hilton

He could never get a ticket to 75/77 and 96 due to us being in the country.

With * losing the Prelim it opened up some seats. I got in on my membership but I managed to scrape two tickets off * fans and got Mum and Dad in as well. We all sat separately all over the ground but it was a highlight to finally see one in the flesh given all the hard yards they endured

It will be an emotional Flag no 5
I went to school with Mike Cooke who played in the 75 GF for Hawks. He got us all tickets and we sat right in the middle of the Hawks crowd. How sweet it was. Had to give my Dad valium BEFORE the game haha.

I went to school with Mike Cooke who played in the 75 GF for Hawks. He got us all tickets and we sat right in the middle of the Hawks crowd. How sweet it was. Had to give my Dad valium BEFORE the game haha.

Great trivia question Cooke. Imagine nabbing 2 blokes out of the ammo's nowaday's to play in AFL prelim's and grand finals !

It sucks.
I’ve got my young bloke who is mad footy and trying to explain to him we are rebuilding and things will turn is extremely difficult.

He gets so excited every week leading into the game and then watching his heartbreak when he sits through a no goal opening qtr and another smashing is the hardest part for me.

Exactly right. My youngest boy was born in 2011 and unlike his siblings, can’t remember North playing finals. He’s the most footy mad kid out of the lot and to see him crying after the Sydney game was hard. Forget finals, he probably can count wins he saw live, on one hand. That’s why I hate the talk like “imagine another 2-3 preseasons and this bloke will be flying”. Some of us may not be here in 2-3 preseasons, who knows, life is unpredictable. But our kids deserve to see some success and the longer they are starved of it, the harder it is for the club to maintain relevance in today’s competition

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The ******* arrogance of these tossers. May the Colliwobbles make their annual September visit.

No s**t, there were no seats available from start of the week. Not everyone can afford to spend 2 hours on a Sunday prior to a game to try to ensure they get a seat. Funny how pies supporters also don't turn up to their one graveyard slot per year.

Exactly right. My youngest boy was born in 2011 and unlike his siblings, can’t remember North playing finals. He’s the most footy mad kid out of the lot and to see him crying after the Sydney game was hard. Forget finals, he probably can count wins he saw live, on one hand. That’s why I hate the talk like “imagine another 2-3 preseasons and this bloke will be flying”. Some of us may not be here in 2-3 preseasons, who knows, life is unpredictable. But our kids deserve to see some success and the longer they are starved of it, the harder it is for the club to maintain relevance in today’s competition

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At least I wasn’t the only one.

The ******* arrogance of these tossers. May the Colliwobbles make their annual September visit.

they kept going too, going to the game yesterday reminded me that they have some of the biggest flogs for supporters. piss and moan about ginnivan playing for free kicks but not a peep when it was the other way around.

Attachments

• IMG_3013.jpeg
    IMG_3013.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 126
Meh

When we are on top we're going to be the biggest, most obnoxious c***s that the AFL has ever seen and I for one can't wait

They're going to be all "oooh so much for having humility a couple years ago you were the worst team since Fitzroy"

Cry harder I will say as Sheezel kicks his 6th and we are 80 points in front of the Pies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe things look different at the ground but it felt like Collingwood players - without opponents - were allowed to run past the player with the mark on numerous occasions last night without penalty. The whole idea of this rule is to not allow the players presence to encroach on free movement of player with the ball. Tough to run off your line when being shepherded in this way...
Can confirm it's exactly how you saw it. Happened so many times, Quaynor in particular was a repeat offender. There was at least 2 instances where he encroached on the space of a player kicking for goal. The umpire gave him repeated warnings before he eventually moved out, but should have had 50 paid against him.

So seems McRae was p1ssing in our pocket with a fair bit of condescension when he was talking up our midfielders clearance work in the post match presser...

McRae: "Goldy killed us."
also McRae: "Goldy zero votes."

The funny thing was I tried all week to get tickets and couldn’t get any. I finally got some some in a pies members area. We had 6 spare seats next to us and the whole row in front was empty and plenty of other spare seats around us.

Frustrating, because I know quite a few who just gave up trying in the end.

So seems McRae was p1ssing in our pocket with a fair bit of condescension when he was talking up our midfielders clearance work in the post match presser...
Did anyone actually think that anyone in our midfield played a better game then those listed from Collingwood?

Degoey was unbelievable, j.daicos had a complete game for a winger (3 goals) and nick daicos is just in another world.

Not sure if trick question but yep. These guys need to set the standard and get the job done on a consistent basis. They are very far from the issue, but if our young blokes are going to be good, they need to be complementing that too.

Backing Cam to kill it next week, maybe it was because it's his first game back. But he's approaching 100 games. I want to see the bloke break games open again.
Not a trick question just highlighting the difference between what our senior players bring and what theirs bring in terms of seniority and experience.

We got bluffed by Geelong with both Lazzaro and Walker. Just prior to those drafts it was leaked that Geelong was going to reach for both players. We panicked and picked both earlier than their true values. Not sure whether it was "geelong always pick well so let's beat them" or they were on our board just later on.

When we picked Lazzaro Lloyd said "Geelong will be filthy at North there because they were hiding him away at the Geelong Falcons". The reality is they were probably laughing their heads off.

Amateur hour.

Mahoney was genuinely baffling.
Maybe. Geelong had no picks between when we took Lazz and pick 47 which they used on Nick Stevens. He's also in our VFL side funnily enough. So is Connor Downie who went the pick before Lazz as well.

Did anyone actually think that anyone in our midfield played a better game then those listed from Collingwood?

Degoey was unbelievable, j.daicos had a complete game for a winger (3 goals) and nick daicos is just in another world.

Midfielders? No, not better. That being said, we still had plenty of the ball without Cunners, LDU and Thomas who are realistically our 3 best midfielders.

I thought Greenwood battled well, Phillips and Scott were good. Jy, Powell and Wardlaw didn't have massive impact although looked good in patches.

But it is more than just the midfield... their half back and half forward line puts a lot of pressure on the midfield and they benefit a lot from turnovers, we got players like Hall, Spicer, Howe, etc on the fringes and they don't really make life easier for out midfield. You have to look at the bigger picture, ie you can't compare key forwards without factoring how the much and what quality supply they each get and how the forward line functions.

We are at different swings of the pendulum.
Sidebottom 300 games, great form.
Pendlebury 367 games, great form.
DeGoey 147 games, great form.
Mitchell 182 games, great form.
Adams 193 games, great form.
Nick Daicos is an awesome talent, but that is an easy midfield to slide into and do okay.

When you compare it to the s**t truck we got going in terms of age, experience and form it is a vastly different proposition. The fact guys like Phillips and Scott look great there in spite of everything I believe are great signs. We need a lot of them to come good at the same time and to support each other because there is no Sidebottom/Pendles/Degoey/Adams/Mitchell to shoulder the load.

Maybe things look different at the ground but it felt like Collingwood players - without opponents - were allowed to run past the player with the mark on numerous occasions last night without penalty. The whole idea of this rule is to not allow the players presence to encroach on free movement of player with the ball. Tough to run off your line when being shepherded in this way...

Can confirm it's exactly how you saw it. Happened so many times, Quaynor in particular was a repeat offender. There was at least 2 instances where he encroached on the space of a player kicking for goal. The umpire gave him repeated warnings before he eventually moved out, but should have had 50 paid against him.
Yes this was something I was following at the match, clearly this is a strategy the Pies are employing which the AFL should really get on top of. Sometimes they had 2-3 or 4 players run diagonally from different angles close to the player taking the kick and it was difficult to follow in real time because 1 seemed to be tracking one of our players and another the ran through to our same player (pies players crossing over) genuinely hard to follow at times and all deliberately designed to confuse the umps and put off our kicker. AFL umps need to wake up to this or not bother with the rule. Incredibly frustrating to watch live 🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Back