Autopsy Match sim versus Pies. This Wednesday, 10am. AIA.

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it. The more I think about Powell the more it makes sense for him to just run out as close to 100% of his time in a true mid position if he is performing and body can handle it. His best trait is vision and disposal in congestion. The others such as LDU, Wardlaw have much more explosive strings on the outside of the contest as well.

True but coaching and planning to maximize the talent you have just wasn't in the job description l suppose!!!

Whatever the case is, 3 years of being the laughing stock l really hope this year is when the football goes 'Oh Shite!'
No matter how well it ends up for North, the media and oppo rabble will carry on about the massive leg-up given to North in a charity package that included Sheez, the Warlord, Colby, Durz, Logie, LDU, Jy, Powell, WilPhil, Carey and Longmire.

The commentators never stopped yapping about how many players were out for the pies today, my gosh shut the * up.

The horrible female commentator wouldn't say a thing when north do anything, pies touch it, she pipes up.

The bias is ridiculous even in a practice games
I actually thought Lily was decent. She was very complimentary of us.

It was the male commentator that wouldn't stop yapping on about how many players the Pies were missing. That was annoying as f***.

Can’t add much more, but I was really impressed by Goater, Hansen and Xerri.
I thought Hansen Jnr was way it if to be honest. Shaky, nervous, lots of turnovers. Good experience for the kid, my god would we love to have a sizzling small pressuring fwd.

Frothing Sheez, McK, Fish combo down back. Exciting to watch at least.

The most fascinating unknown for me is how Luke McDonald fits into this back 6. He doesn’t have the pace or ball use of Mckercher, Sheezel, Fisher, Bergman, Goater.

For me, it’s gotta be a lockdown role. I do not want to see his long hack kicks out of d50. I want him taking the oppo best small/medium forward, allowing the Northball boys to do their thing offensively.
I hope he is held out, but we know he won’t be.

Was super impressed by Goater, great balance between attack and defend. Solid defender too with good pace.

With all these headlines it might just be North and diehard Pies supporters who know how improved we looked yesterday. * I would love it if we took a leap this year and caught everyone off guard.
I too would love it if North literally leap out of the blocks this year and stun the league. Our first test indeed will be the first round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was just poor kicking which exposed us on the rebound in that first quarter. Poor execution or just happy enough to blindly kick it forward. Seems like we have taken big strides in overall fitness and covering the ground but our skills still need work.
Kicking errors are unavoidable, especially in our case. It's about how the team is positioned defensively to defend the turnover when it happens, which is a challenge when we move it that fast.

I had a chat to a Pies supporter colleague who went to the game and paraphrasing some of his comments:

He was impressed how we moved the ball from half back. When I countered that they had a few players out he said that maybe so but in the second quarter when they had a decent side out there we kicked 5 goals to nothing.

He wishes Wardlaw was at the Pies, his fave non pie player.

Xerri was impressive and highlighted how shite Collingwood ruckman are.

McKercher is all class, moves so well.

He said he didn't know who our key defenders were and had to ask a North supporter. He asked where we got Pink from because he looks a find, good reader of the game.

He ended the conversation by saying he would be surprised if we didn't win more than 6 games on what he saw, said we still have some issues defending but reckons if we play like that it will be fun to be a North supporter.

So refreshing have a positive convo about us instead of the standard lol Norf, you're s**t 10 second convo

Havent read back through thread but I'm taking a win as a win, no caveats or ****s given.

We have struggled to win a coin toss for the last 5 years. Not sure we'd have even won a preseason quarter against an opposition team fielding AFL player's mum's and dad's in that time.

So you betcha I'm running with the morale shot in the arm from any victory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back