Unofficial Preview Praccy Match 2 Vs Saints - This time it’s serious

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

From best 22(ish) we are missing Jack Sinclair, Brad Crouch, Marcus Windhager, Paddy Dow, Dan Butler, Hunter Clark, Zak Jones, Josh Battle.

Definite First 22 Jack Sinclair (Based on last season, our best player), Brad Crouch, Dan Butler and Josh Battle.

Very Likely First 22 as well Paddy Dow (Our midfield has too many like players and needs a Dow or Jones type).

First 22 maybes: Marcus Windhager, Hunter Clark and Zak Jones. (Depends on the form of others and how Bonner and Wilson keep performing. Both have looked very good at training, and in the first game against Essendon, and so both are chances for Round 1 selection in the 23).

Both teams to field a raft of younger players and that is excellent for a practice match.

Starting the year with Biggie Pink and Dawson makes good sense. 1-2 will likely stand up and show something in the opening rounds and we can bolster the group as Corr, Comben gain fitness and touch.

Pink Biggie and Dawson are all fit and have continuity playing together over the last month. They may not be our final three in the back end of the year but they are currently our healthiest, hungriest and most in form KPD to some degree.

I think we'll see Wardlaw play the first half and be replaced by Phillips, again.

Likewise Fisher and Hardeman, Duursma and Harvey, then maybe Greenwood and CCJ, as a guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I reckon he probably is. He certainly fills a need for us and that's centre clearance work. If he's not best 22 then he's very close in my opinion.

Jeez. The Saints midfield is that bad? The blues midfield is average and he couldn’t get a gig. Hopefully for you blokes he’s a slow developer.

Jeez. The Saints midfield is that bad? The blues midfield is average and he couldn’t get a gig. Hopefully for you blokes he’s a slow developer.
Lol, our midfield's not our strongest area. We have some good players who go through there but can be a little one-paced. So as I said, he addresses that need with burst speed.

Also, is the Blues midfield really that average? Reckon they're pretty decent to be honest.

Saints midfield isn’t that bad they just have too many of the same type. Steele, Crouch, Ross, Clark ect are all a bit one paced. Dow at least has a point of difference to those blokes with his bit of speed and agility, while still having the ability to win contested footy.

Carlton’s midfield as much as I hate to admit it is up there in the comp, mainly because it’s so balanced. Cripps at his best is one of the best contested mids in the game, Walsh one of the better accumulating runners and Hewett (severely underrated) is one of the best two way mids in the comp. Throw in Cerra and Kennedy as handy depth options and that’s a pretty solid midfield group.

Lol, our midfield's not our strongest area. We have some good players who go through there but can be a little one-paced. So as I said, he addresses that need with burst speed.

Also, is the Blues midfield really that average? Reckon they're pretty decent to be honest.

I spose they’re similar to the saints, strong forward line but weak in the middle. Cripps, Walsh & Cerra but the depth drops off a fair bit after that. The main point of difference between the two is that if they’re all fit their backline is excellent

Edit- I referring to the blues backline

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back