Autopsy Match sim versus Pies. This Wednesday, 10am. AIA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, Wardlaw is clearly preferred. He’s no doubt ranked 2nd behind LDU. But Phillips had multiple more clearances in a half than Powell, Lazzaro and any of the others that played a full game other that LDU (who even then only had 1 more than Will in twice the game time).
We all agree that they all bring something different, but Will is perhaps the only one that can go contest to contest and balance his offence with defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say the order should go LDU-wardlaw-wilphil-jy-Powell

I haven’t got laz in the team other than maybe being a sub he’s next in line for me. The rest are better talents which is not surprising since the others are all first rounders/ high production junior players

Jy more half forward
Then 3 of the 4 in the centre with the other rotating off the bench

Agreed, but you also need more than one set of mids.
Powell is not as capable as Phillips defensively, and as Ferbs says Wardlaw isn’t going to play 120 minutes in the centre square

It’s a bit more complex than Tennis Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't he?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Base it on what's been presented, not your fantasies.....

LDU, Wardlaw, Powell starting....Jy hf....Lazarro bench.

Based on whats been done so far and not my fantasy:
X, LDU, Wardlaw, Powell.

Phillips and Lazarro next in line.

Watched the first half this morning. Once we got on top we started to really get on top. Even with Daicosx2 and Degoey the midfield (Sheeze and Warlord in there alot) started to dominate during the second half of the first quarter and during the second.

Watched the first half this morning. Once we got on top we started to really get on top. Even with Daicosx2 and Degoey the midfield (Sheeze and Warlord in there alot) started to dominate during the second half of the first quarter and during the second.

Agreed. Dwayne Pipe actually had a half decent thought, he said we went ultra defensive in the midfield early, not playing on instinct, and we struggled. Once we started to play more free, we started to impact more.

Base it on what's been presented, not your fantasies.....

LDU, Wardlaw, Powell starting....Jy hf....Lazarro bench.

I would agree based on what we have seen. There are a lot of people who want Philips to succeed, and I do too, but aren't paying attention to what is actually happening with setups. He is clearly in the "next" group based off the past couple of matches. We all know that can change though.

I think it will come down to what the whole ground setup looks like. If we go heavy North Ball, he will probably find it hard because we might remove an extra mid in favour of a general running player, which is what I expect.

He is a good clearance player but needs to show what else he can bring. His defensive efforts have been good on occasions last year but haven't been pronounced this off season.

I would agree based on what we have seen. There are a lot of people who want Philips to succeed, and I do too, but aren't paying attention to what is actually happening with setups. He is clearly in the "next" group based off the past couple of matches. We all know that can change though.

I think it will come down to what the whole ground setup looks like. If we go heavy North Ball, he will probably find it hard because we might remove an extra mid in favour of a general running player, which is what I expect.

He is a good clearance player but needs to show what else he can bring. His defensive efforts have been good on occasions last year but haven't been pronounced this off season.
Well put.

It’s apparent there are at least four players preferred over Phillips after this preseason. Each of them do some, if not most things, to a higher level currently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know of a way I can watch the replay of this? The WatchAFL app version is broken.

Note: I can’t watch it on Kayo or Fox.
The watchafl app has been mal-functioning for the past week or so. Really frustrating. I have emailed them repeatedly. Support team is next to useless.

For some reason they only uploaded a condensed version of the North match (which is obvs not watchable given virtually nothing works on the app!)

Does anyone know of a way I can watch the replay of this? The WatchAFL app version is broken.

Note: I can’t watch it on Kayo or Fox.
Get a VPN if outside Aus. Select Aussie server, watch on Kayo.

The watchafl app has been mal-functioning for the past week or so. Really frustrating. I have emailed them repeatedly. Support team is next to useless.

For some reason they only uploaded a condensed version of the North match (which is obvs not watchable given virtually nothing works on the app!)
Yep. Desktop site has stopped showing the latest videos that have uploaded and the North game still hasn't been uploaded properly. I emailed them about it and late last week they got back to me saying they're working on it and will email when they've uploaded the game properly. Still nada.

Cute bit of footage in the Pies video of this game where Sheez goes to Lipinski, congratulates him on the flag, and Lipinski congratulates him on his season. Stop watching after that because then it’s the usual selection of clips that make it look like they ran all over us.

Last edited:
With customer support at Fox/WatchAFL essentially confirming with me that they’ve given up uploading this game, is there anywhere I can even watch the highlights? I must be going crazy - how hasn’t the club clipped up a package for YouTube?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back