Autopsy 35 point loss vs. Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll agree EH when this Collingwood group wins a flag. Pointless otherwise.

They're motivated. But Sidebottom will prove a huge loss to them.

Also they got what they deserved playing an undersized Murphy on Larkey. Copped their right whack there.

If they even think of playing him on a genuine KPF during a final, good luck to them.
All of our tall defenders are out injured. It's not like we chose to play a very undersized defender on a much bigger opponent, it's simply because there is no other choice at the moment. We have had an undersized defense for most of the year due to all our talls being injured. We played with no ruck men for five weeks.

You can see the future. You can ******* see it after today. It will turn. It’s turning. Add LDU, Comben, Archer/Bonar, Goater…We legit could have been right in that if we were cleaner inside 50. I feel more hopeful than I have for a long time.

Also; how putrid is the USA chant for Cox? Since when does an ostensibly working class club cheer for an imperial power? 🤮

McKay (4 quarters), Lazzaro (4 quarters) and Spicer (3 quarters) with only 12 disposals and 2 tackles between them all is absolutely criminal..

View attachment 1699405
I don’t get why the club keeps persisting with blokes that aren’t AFL standard. McKay obviously is, but he’s too busy dogging his teammates with s**t efforts to be getting games at AFL level.

If McKay isn’t dropped this week, this club is pissweak. Send a message and send it strong. If you put the jumper on, the club demands 100%, nothing less. If you want to play like a half arsed pussy, get the * out and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Good to see the boys bring back the margin at the end, but another slow start meant we were really never in the game.

De Goey cut us up. Kept getting the ball in heaps of space away from a stoppage. That's what it looked like from the TV's perspective at least.

What this game made me realize is how tired I am of perpetual losing week on week, year on year. Yes, in isolation the game had plenty to like - we stuck with them for long periods, avoided a likely blowout when they threatened to pull away, had lots of kids playing etc.

But I’m over excuses. Why Collingwood managed to pretty much rebuild after losing the GF turning half the team over, while we are stuck in this never ending loop…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It sucks.
I’ve got my young bloke who is mad footy and trying to explain to him we are rebuilding and things will turn is extremely difficult.

He gets so excited every week leading into the game and then watching his heartbreak when he sits through a no goal opening qtr and another smashing is the hardest part for me.

Good to see the boys bring back the margin at the end, but another slow start meant we were really never in the game.

De Goey cut us up. Kept getting the ball in heaps of space away from a stoppage. That's what it looked like from the TV's perspective at least.
Looked like that at the ground too. It could have been closer but he willed them out of any softer patches.

They are drafting to their strengths. They went out and just got a whole lot of running players then drafted more. No big investment in KP but just some shrewd selections. Building on strengths not trying to cover everything at once to be a a master of none

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That, and they have had guys like McRae in development so almost everyone they draft gets better, and they (like a few others) know they don‘t have to draft everything because whatever they want, they can get through trading in someone who grew up a fan/wants to play at the MCG/wants big crowds most weeks.

They also have draft misses - Bianco is like Mahoney, smart but small and not really quick - but it doesn’t matter because it all gets smoothed over in the big picture.

Pick him instead of spicer would have been a start…….he went 5-10 picks after phoenix from memory.
We need to be hanging out the back of Sydney headquarters waiting to raid their rubbish bins at trade time. Look at the players the Pies, crows and hawks have picked up in the past with third-rounders from the Swans.

These players always turn out to be guns.

It sucks.
I’ve got my young bloke who is mad footy and trying to explain to him we are rebuilding and things will turn is extremely difficult.

He gets so excited every week leading into the game and then watching his heartbreak when he sits through a no goal opening qtr and another smashing is the hardest part for me.
So true. The joeys of recent times are the closest to enduring what the Shinboners of old experienced. Glimpses of a promising future might satisfy those of us who are older, some stirring wins in the run home are what the joeys need.

I'll agree EH when this Collingwood group wins a flag. Pointless otherwise.

They're motivated. But Sidebottom will prove a huge loss to them.

Also they got what they deserved playing an undersized Murphy on Larkey. Copped their right whack there.

If they even think of playing him on a genuine KPF during a final, good luck to them.
Murphy did ok when he and Moore had to cover Curnow and McKay. I thought Moore was on Larkey earlier in the game so maybe our coaches came up with something, like keeping Larkey closer to goal, to separate them. Good work if so and Larkey did well to take the contested marks he did - plus he can kick straight, unlike those Carlton frauds.

Howe was good last week I will grant that but other than that not sure his value. We have enough blokes turning the ball over without him adding to it.
Paul Curtis is a player we need to persist with as he has more talent in his big toe than Howe does in his whole kit bag.
Sadly I think the second year blues are playing a part with PC but like the other kids he needs to play

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It doesn’t really matter about talent though, when you are playing a zone designed to trap the ball in the forward 50 for repeat entries.

Decent teams will work harder with better kicking and running to pick us apart. We were going up against the very best.

We can’t afford to play a player (however talented) that is either too unfit or too lazy to chase and protect space. It’s like building a cathedral and expecting your cornerstone you have moulded out of sand to hold up under pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sucks.

I have had same issue over last few years. My boy was copping it at school. told my boy they are developing and learning and they need to lose before they win as its motivation to get better.

He now gives it back to others, very proud. he thankfully stuck fat and is still a member. Also told him we go to the next GF game when we get there as thats the reward for being a true supporter.

Might be coincidence but Ive noticed the last few games that when we kick-in after an opposition point, their defense is set up to allow JZ, Howe or Bailey to mark the ball about 25m out with that first dinky kick.

The next kick for us is to look for the corridor, so the opposition want one of these guys trying to pierce the press because their footskills are so hit and miss, its causing an easy turnover in the middle of the ground.

When Sheezus is in that part of the ground they put more pressure on him marking the ball because he can damage their press through precise kicking.

We need our best field kicks in the back half for kick-ins so we have less turnovers. Darcy Moore shredded us in that department yesterday.

McCreery Pick 44 for 9 disposals.

Zurhaar Rookie pick for 15 disposals.

FMD.
He's your classic handy Collingwood goer elevated to God status.

If they happen to win their 4th flag in 85 years I'm expecting 24 statues to be erected at the MCG in their honour.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

You can see the future. You can ******* see it after today. It will turn. It’s turning. Add LDU, Comben, Archer/Bonar, Goater…We legit could have been right in that if we were cleaner inside 50. I feel more hopeful than I have for a long time.

Also; how putrid is the USA chant for Cox? Since when does an ostensibly working class club cheer for an imperial power?
It sucks.

My old man thought he was never going to see a flag. My brothers and I all grew up seeing season after season of wallopings. There appeared to be no end. Enter A Aylett. When it turns it is very sweet. It’s hardest on parents as we like to be able to fix everything. Maybe watch the replays and only the good bits for a while.

Maybe things look different at the ground but it felt like Collingwood players - without opponents - were allowed to run past the player with the mark on numerous occasions last night without penalty. The whole idea of this rule is to not allow the players presence to encroach on free movement of player with the ball. Tough to run off your line when being shepherded in this way...

My old man thought he was never going to see a flag. My brothers and I all grew up seeing season after season of wallopings. There appeared to be no end. Enter A Aylett. When it turns it is very sweet. It’s hardest on parents as we like to be able to fix everything. Maybe watch the replays and only the good bits for a while.

One of the happiest moments was seeing my Dad after the 99 GF put the front of the Hilton

He could never get a ticket to 75/77 and 96 due to us being in the country.

With * losing the Prelim it opened up some seats. I got in on my membership but I managed to scrape two tickets off * fans and got Mum and Dad in as well. We all sat separately all over the ground but it was a highlight to finally see one in the flesh given all the hard yards they endured

It will be an emotional Flag no 5

One of the happiest moments was seeing my Dad after the 99 GF put the front of the Hilton

He could never get a ticket to 75/77 and 96 due to us being in the country.

With * losing the Prelim it opened up some seats. I got in on my membership but I managed to scrape two tickets off * fans and got Mum and Dad in as well. We all sat separately all over the ground but it was a highlight to finally see one in the flesh given all the hard yards they endured

It will be an emotional Flag no 5
I'm planning to use cryogenic freezing to ensure I'm still around if/when we're up there again.

Just gotta hope some bastard remembers to thaw me in time.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back