Autopsy Autopsy vs St Kilda - the Cam Zurhaar Almost Special

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought we did plenty right tonight.

Seriously hard viewing but there were a stack of positives IMO
Bergman, Perez, Mahoney, Sheez, McKay all had moments.

LDU and Cam Z both threatened to take the game apart at various stages.

Very much an almost game but feel better after that one than the prior couple of weeks

I missed the whole first qtr and part of the second but I feel like we are getting our structure and game plan back.

I thought we were gonna be absolutely smashed today, we definitely were so s**t in front of the sticks but you can see we have somewhat our s**t together.

Some of our senior players had almost games.

Real pleasing signs from Bergman (can kick) and Drury. Mahony was good.

Overall I see something after weeks of nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very pleased with the effort and the defensive structures looked more sound. We really disrupted their back half transition.

Obviously we just lack the class, fitness and polish to fully go with Ross Lyon teams atm. Probably one kpf short tbh.

Sad to see Cunners like this and disappointed a few youngsters didn’t take their opportunity. Liked Drury though.

A Ross Lyon blueprint Saints restricting the opposition so not shocked at the low score. If they kept the much touted bullflogs forwards to 5 goals, we did ok. Charlie Comben might have had his breakout game.

Thought that was the best four quarter effort in a long time. If Zurhaar had been been the king of marvel instead of the court jester, maybe we might have been a chance.

Last edited:
Was sad to see how Cunners struggled to get into the game. Was nowhere near it. You wonder how much the rehab and getting back has taken out of him, or if this is just age catching up with him and the game passing him by. Don't want to see him go out like this.

Mahoney was actually pretty good, could barely fault him. He didn't even lose a one on one. Just at times poor decision making or a s**t kick/handball had us cooked. That is to say that the boys also looked to take care with it.

Zurhaar would have me cheering and pulling my hair out all in the same passage of play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back