Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 3: Try Hard with a Kengeance

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Melbourne was voted most livable city in Australia – again” says Bogut. “I just really want the boys to understand what a great city it is. It’s so much better than Dallas – and Sydney”.

The last two words. So on the money.

Alpha++ cities: New York, London

Alpha+ cities: Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, Sydney, Dubai, Beijing, Paris

Alpha cities: Chicago, Brussels, Buenos Aires, Mumbai, Milan, Moscow, Sao Paulo, Frankfurt, Toronto, Los Angeles, Madrid, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Kuala Lumpur

Alpha- cities: Seoul, New Delhi, Johannesburg, Vienna, San Francisco, Istanbul, Jakarta, Zurich, Warsaw, Melbourne, Washington D.C, Miami, Barcelona, Bangkok, Boston, Dublin, Taipei, Munich, Stockholm, Atlanta

Guess you and Frogurt are wrong :D

Alpha++ cities: New York, London

Alpha+ cities: Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, Sydney, Dubai, Beijing, Paris

Alpha cities: Chicago, Brussels, Buenos Aires, Mumbai, Milan, Moscow, Sao Paulo, Frankfurt, Toronto, Los Angeles, Madrid, Mexico City, Amsterdam, Kuala Lumpur

Alpha- cities: Seoul, New Delhi, Johannesburg, Vienna, San Francisco, Istanbul, Jakarta, Zurich, Warsaw, Melbourne, Washington D.C, Miami, Barcelona, Bangkok, Boston, Dublin, Taipei, Munich, Stockholm, Atlanta

Guess you and Frogurt are wrong :D
Its uh, satir- nevermind

If Brussels is an Alpha city, Los Angeles is Alpha+++. Maybe you meant Berlin?

Berlin is a Beta+ city. Brussels is an Alpha because it's where the EU is based I would say.

Every few years, cities are rated ranked by the Globalization and World Rankings Research Institute. It is considered the leading institute ranking world cities.

Cities are ranked into Alpha, Beta and Gamma cities by taking into account many factors; economic factors are deemed more important than cultural or political factors though in this ranking.

1d936556902b7d3e4f9e398da6889872.png

Listing some random ass ranking list is exactly the same thing as boasting about a city being called liveable, which is exactly what the article is mocking.

Which was kind of the point I was making when I posted it. It's all just opinion, and boasting or having pride about something so arbitrary as a city is stupid. Are the people who live in New York or London a better class of people than those who live in Kansas City or Portland? Hell no. Who cares where you live? You'll still be the same person with the same outlook and opinions if you were in Turin or Tokyo.

Of course, that kind of thinking would be wasted on Frogurt, who reminds me a lot of Taylor Walker for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD, the neighbour's party was over by 8pm.

Polite. Well-behaved. Respectful of neighbours. Noise level barely above a murmur. No booze/drugs/fights/public nudity.

Almost rang the cops to complain about how s**t it was...

You'll want to be reimbursed for all those packets of popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back