Analysis The rebuild of Carlton and Brisbane and their future prospects

Which team has the better future prospects on-field?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumping this legendary thread.

Not all rebuilds are the same and not all improvement is linear.

Expect both teams to be at the pointy end again this season. From there anything can happen.
This thread probably should be locked. I understand that flags are the ultimate success but brisbane has been miles ahead of carlton for 5 years. Carlton needed a second rebuild to get to where they are today. So it's not really a complete comparison.

Congrats on last night. Not sure why we fell asleep half way through the 2nd.

This thread probably should be locked. I understand that flags are the ultimate success but brisbane has been miles ahead of carlton for 5 years. Carlton needed a second rebuild to get to where they are today. So it's not really a complete comparison.

Did you fall asleep or did they just get you. Give credit where its due

What do you mean when you say Carlton needed a “second rebuild”? It is well documented that we started the rebuild in 2015, recruiting Weitering, McKay and Curnow in the same draft. Brisbane around the same time perhaps a year or two earlier.

I think it is very interesting to look back on the development of both sides now that both are in theory about to hit their peaks. If Carlton win a premiership before Brisbane is it still fair to say Brisbane rebuilt better because they had hit contention earlier? It sounds like you’re happy with the Lions merely being around the mark and your opinion is different to mine.

Just weird that this thread was bumped.

Being a North supporter (who for some reason is too scared to show it) this should interest you. Their rebuild like Carlton’s long and painful with multiple coaches, whereas a club like the Crows have turned it around quite quickly and are looking to make the 8 this year. It’ll be interesting to see where both clubs end up.

Did you fall asleep or did they just get you. Give credit where its due
Well yes. They got us. For sure. But when we beat Geelong in 2013 not mant said 'we got them'. The general consensus was geelong fell asleep. Had we of maintained most of the pressure and skills we showed in the first qtr and a half the game wouldn't of been close. But of course we didnt/couldn't.

What was most dissapointing was the number of times our senior players had chances to stop their momentum. Charlie, Daniher and McCarthy all had important kicks but didn't capitalise. So we well and truly had opportunities.

A 2nd rebuild?

You started yours 2 years before us, yes, got to finals quicker, but now we are both fighting for the pointy end

Back