Analysis The rebuild of Carlton and Brisbane and their future prospects

Which team has the better future prospects on-field?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking specifically about his last nine and a half minutes of game time. Bottled it in my opinion.

He's an excellent player but he shouldn't be immune from criticism given Carlton are where they are and gave away another game that was there for the taking.
He was off the ground for half of that mate. Watch the game.

Why is your best player off for half the deciding period.

They need to manage his time better. Should be on for last 8.
He was on for the last 8 where he amassed 7 touches and almost won it for us. He was off for about 10 minutes in the middle of the last.

Like ffs a bloke has had 10 touches and a goal in the last and people want him to do more to get his team over the line. Nuff nuff central.

He was on for the last 8 where he amassed 7 touches and almost won it for us. He was off for about 10 minutes in the middle of the last.

Like ffs a bloke has had 10 touches and a goal in the last and people want him to do more to get his team over the line. Nuff nuff central.
Agree, Carlton defenders should be put in the spotlight, not the best player on the ground for not doing enough.

I’m lost. Someone said he disappeared for the last 9.30. You said he was off for half. Then when I questioned it he was on.

So was he on or off for the last 9.30, and did he impact the game?

Just wondering now. Not saying he’s not a gun.

Jeepers, I'm the first to have a dig at Carlton when the opportunity arises, but surely you can't be potting Cripps for not standing up when it counted yesterday...
I wasn’t. But it’s been suggested yes.

I’d be potting the coaching if he wasn’t on the deck tho.

Reckon that was a pretty good response to the trash we dished up the week before.

We are almost there. Teams chasing a finals berth in the second half of the year would want to be wary when facing us.

I’m lost. Someone said he disappeared for the last 9.30. You said he was off for half. Then when I questioned it he was on.

So was he on or off for the last 9.30, and did he impact the game?

Just wondering now. Not saying he’s not a gun.
You could try watching the replay. I was at the game and he was everywhere, racking up 5-6 touches, an amazing contested mark and a goal then was taken off about a third of the way through, then put back on about 7-8 minutes later. He still did plenty and almost won it for us off his own boot. As I said 10 touches 1.1 in the last - how is that disappearing?

I wasn’t. But it’s been suggested yes.

I’d be potting the coaching if he wasn’t on the deck tho.
He played 92% time on ground. Having 9 minutes rest for the total game whilst getting heavily tagged against the best midfield in the comp. He's finished with a clear 3 votes performance.

Disappointing because Buzz is usually a solid poster but when a comment like that is made it honestly makes me wonder if people watch footy before posting on here.

Now that's all cleared up we can move onto real Carlton issues and comparing them to Brisbane. I think we need to target a mid like they did last year in Neale. We probably won't be able to land someone as big named. Collingwood fans - is Phillips close to re-signing? I'd love him at the Blues and would be willing to pay overs. Both in salary and trade currency.

With Carlton trading away their 2019 1st and 2nd draft picks, I wonder if they end up bottom of the list they go to the AFL for a priority pick. If the AFL give them 1, all their credibility (if they have any) would disappear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Carlton trading away their 2019 1st and 2nd draft picks, I wonder if they end up bottom of the list they go to the AFL for a priority pick. If the AFL give them 1, all their credibility (if they have any) would disappear.
The trading of picks should have zero influence on the allocation of priority picks. Two separate issues that have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

They wont be getting one anyway, they have shown a fair bitof improvement.

Steve Silvagni "Hey what we've got pick 1 for next year, who wants it?!!" Adelaide" yeah we'll take it!" Silvagni " heck yeah!!, give us a s**t pick back and throw a spud in on top so we can over pay him" Adelaide" yep take McGovern" Silvagni "Thanks boys"

Didn't ask for one off the back of a 2 win season last year. Definitely won't with a 5-6 win season this year.

Steve Silvagni "Hey what we've got pick 1 for next year, who wants it?!!" Adelaide" yeah we'll take it!" Silvagni " **** yeah!!, give us a **** pick back and throw a spud in on top so we can over pay him" Adelaide" yep take McGovern" Silvagni "Thanks boys"

I know you're just a troll but the McGovern and Stocker deals were completely separate. And I reckon your mob would kill for Mitch right now considering Daniher can't play more than 5 games without pulling up sore.

Steve Silvagni "Hey what we've got pick 1 for next year, who wants it?!!" Adelaide" yeah we'll take it!" Silvagni " **** yeah!!, give us a **** pick back and throw a spud in on top so we can over pay him" Adelaide" yep take McGovern" Silvagni "Thanks boys"
There’s nothing more cringe than these types of posts

I know you're just a troll but the McGovern and Stocker deals were completely separate. And I reckon your mob would kill for Mitch right now considering Daniher can't play more than 5 games without pulling up sore.
Nah it was all part of the same deal

Back