The run to the title

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Spurs are in a great place. Nail some transfers in the summer and acquire some depth singings, and they'll be even better next season.
Not sure about that. The Wembley factor is huge. Honestly, I'd be content with a top 6 finish next season because of Wembley.

Good job at trying to be condescending, but try harder next time champ.

And I'm not sure how can you measure how emotionally invested I am? I care about my club a hell of a lot, if I didn't care I sure as hell wouldn't be talking to a bunch of nobodies online about it.
Bunch of nobodies?

Bit harsh on the random guys on here you've never met...

These last few pages, wow. SM and Jod siding together, on top of Cruyff v SM.

post-63106-Simpsons-old-man-Jasper-what-a-lavD.png

Surely you can see the side of Arsenal/Spurs fans. Nobody gives a s**t about St Totts.

I hear what all sides are saying. St Totts is one of those things that's in the eye of the beholder.

Meaning, it's somewhat relevant if you're in the right side of it. ie, it matters to some Arsenal fans because of the number of years we've been in front of them.

At the same time, Spurs fans are dismissing it because it doesn't really matter as long as Arsenal aren't champions etc. Both are true and untrue at the same time if that makes sense.

But flip the situation, and it's a different story. It does matter to Spurs fans just to break the record etc. And it does matter to the Arsenal fans who use finishing above Spurs as some form of annual achievement.

It's okay to say it matters. I don't see the damage in that. There's a bit of denial from both sides to dismissively play it down.

Sure, not the end of the world for either side, but it does mean something. How meaningful that is depends on, as I said, which side of the outcome you fall upon.

I think (hope) if Wenger stays and we do it again next season i really hope it won't be "a day" and that we are over it and are actually trying to win things. Yeah enjoy their failures when they happen but would enjoy our continued improvement more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You only have Everton to play. West Brom are already on holidays and the rest are poor
Just nervous right now. We've looked flat for a while while Spurs are in the best form of any team atm. Everton at Goodison is looming like a likely loss for us at this stage which would make it 1 point. Meanwhile, Spurs have...

Palace
Arsenal
Hammers
United
Hull
Leicester TBC

Some interesting clashes there and I can't Spurs winning all of them. Leicester is one they could drop points in and, possibly Palace (United and Arsenal should be wins at home regardless of the NLD factor because they are rubbish). Despite our run home, the players will be under the pump so we'll see how they handle it.

4 point gap (or 3.5)

Home games in bold

Spurs

FA Cup Semi 22nd April
Palace 26th April
Arsenal 30th April
Hammers 5th May
United 14th May
Leicester 18th May
Hull 21st May

Chelsea

FA Cup Semi 22nd April
Soton 25th April
Everton 30th April
Boro 8th May
West Brom 12th May
Watford 15th May
Sunderland 21th May

Really worried now as we are running out of steam. Can see Spurs running over the top of us.

4 point gap (or 3.5)

Home games in bold

Spurs

FA Cup Semi 22nd April
Palace 26th April
Arsenal 30th April
Hammers 5th May
United 14th May
Leicester 18th May
Hull 21st May

Chelsea

FA Cup Semi 22nd April
Soton 25th April
Everton 30th April
Boro 8th May
West Brom 12th May
Watford 15th May
Sunderland 21th May

Really worried now as we are running out of steam. Can see Spurs running over the top of us.
Nah that run is easy for you lot.

I'd be happy with 14 points from our final 6 games. Think we are more of a chance in the cup than chasing you down. Just don't see you dropping points in more than 1 game from here

I'd be happy with 14 points from our final 6 games. Think we are more of a chance in the cup than chasing you down. Just don't see you dropping points in more than 1 game from here

The only thing in our favour is we have more home games. Form wise you have us covered.

Going to be a tight run home.

I'll be happy with 18 points from the last 6 :)

Anything less and we have no chance

It's still Chelsea title to lose. Spurs need to win all their remaining games and hope Chelsea drop points twice. I can only see it possibly happenning again Everton and Southampton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back